Unit Specialist IP Student
Industrial Placement Pet Unit Specialist
Salary & Benefits: From £9.53 p/h inclusive of weekends (includes shift allowance
Location: Waltham on the Wolds, Leicestershire
Would your dream job involve working with animals to make a better world for pets?
Here is what one of our IP students from a previous year felt about their experience with us:
"I had an amazing year at WALTHAM. I was immediately welcomed by my team and everyone on site. I was given a lot of opportunities to see and experience different aspects of the Institute and Mars, as well as learn so much about dog behaviour and training from their experts. I was also encouraged to focus on my personal development during the year- one outcome of this is that I am now a more confident person."
We are looking to recruit two second year undergraduate students into Pet Unit Specialist industrial placements to work with our cats and dogs at the WALTHAM Petcare Science Institute, the global research centre for Mars Petcare.
This role is critical to the day to day delivery of our research trials but also to ensure a high standard of welfare to our pets.
Both positions will be on temporary contracts (through Adecco) for 12 months, starting in September 2021 and expected to work 37.5 hours per week.
What You'll Do
· Data collection - Collect and record accurately all relevant animal samples and data
· Delivery of dog/cat life skills training, recreation and socialisation
· Husbandry - Deliver and record all tasks on your designated animal unit (e.g. feeding, grooming, clipping/trimming, tooth brushing and health checks)
What You'll Need
· Have completed 2 years of an animal related degree.
· A flexible working style, good communication, planning and organisation skills and proven ability to work in a team are all essential.
· A passion for animals is essential.
Work different rota patterns (day shifts, including some weekend/bank holidays).
Numeracy, attention to detail and computer literacy are also key to ensure the accuracy of data collection and data handling required of the role.
What We Can Offer You
· Competitive Salary.
· A role with great autonomy and exposure to senior management.
· A focus on personal development.
· You may have the opportunity work on a project that could contribute to your dissertation (subject to the approval of your course manager and project owner).
If shortlisted, you will be invited to a telephone interview.
Closing date: 1st November 2020.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Unit Specialist IP Student
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.