JOB TITLE: GIS Administrator
LOCATION: Working from home
START DATE: ASAP
DURATION: 6 months
IR35 STATUS: Inside
We are delighted to announce the opportunity to work in the GIS Team as a FME and GIS Specialist (GIS).
The purpose of this role is to develop automation to manage and co-ordinate the extraction, transformation and loading of data into the corporate GIS spatial databases. Covering the data lifecycle management and service delivery to GIS applications. You will be responsible for converting the current manual process to a documented FME workspace which can then be scheduled to run without the need for manual intervention. Updating the online catalogue of data sets and intranet blogging any update to our customer base. Adopting best practice for version control of FME workspaces and data sets.
The GIS team strive to maintain a Centre of Excellence and Best Practice in GIS spatial services by creating a culture of continuous improvement in all aspects of our work.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- FME certified professional or equivalent year of experiences of handling data exchange and workflows, FME desktop and FME server.
- Experienced practitioner in the capture, storage, manipulation and analyse of spatial data.
- Expertise in use of the ESRI desktop software platform, alongside the ArcSDE enterprise geodatabase(sql server)
- Practical knowledge of ESRI interactive web-based GIS and/or enterprise GIS technologies.
- Ability to provide critical input to support delivery of projects with tight deadlines and budgets, alongside geographically spread multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated professionalism in the preparation and presentation of associated reporting and documentation.
- Experience Office 365 and managing tasks via planner.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy