API Gateway and Security Engineer
SEEKING AN API GATEWAY AND SECURITY ENGINEER
OUR GLOBAL OPPORTUNITIES
YOUR PERSONAL JOURNEY
What gets you out of bed in the morning? For us, it's driving positive change and we're looking for like-minded people with energy and a can do attitude to join our winning team.
Are you looking for that next step in your career journey and like the sound of working in a dynamic and exciting finance team that's part of a growing consumer finance business and global bank? Like what you hear? Then read on…
We want to welcome an experienced Engineer to join our high performing IT team, as part of a new Feature Team within our business. This opportunity is a technical and administrative role involving API management and API gateway policy development.
Your role will be to manage and monitor the virtualised API's and the clients that use them. You will be responsible for all aspects of the API Manager; setup, administration and management. This will include the API's that are exposed within the IS and to external partners, the API Gateway and Documentation Portal and you will control Access and Integration to all HTTP API's.
As this is a new team structure for us, we are looking to welcome someone who has extensive experience within APIs already, who could bring that knowledge and expertise to support our existing colleagues who currently cover these tasks. We use Axway within our business, but are open in terms of being able to support training for this particular software if you currently use one of the comparable alternatives.
We have offices in both Central Belfast and Central Solihull, and are able to offer a flexible mixture of office based and home based working.
Could this be you?
We believe it's a positive attitude and passion to make things happen that matters most. Here's what else we're looking for:
- Demonstrable experience within a comparable role, ideally within the Financial Services Industry- however this element is not essential
- Strong troubleshooting skills in the API Management and Gateway
- Strong knowledge of API Gateway, Manager and Portal
- API Gateway setup experience; designing and implementing API platform for high traffic API solutions
- Experience with Gateway Management APIs and integration to the enterprise systems- including Infrastructure & Application monitoring, Approval, Authorization and Authentication, Logging, and Continuous integration/Continuous Deploy (CI/CD), and Developer Portal
- Ability to apply security, throttling, OAuth 2.0, TLS, certificates, KeyStore, and Trust store for the API platform
- Knowledge on Policy creation /Template development and operational support within an API Gateway
- Good Understanding of REST and JSON
- Have previously worked on an enterprise platform team that supports multiple Software Development product teams
We understand that next step in your career journey is an important one. We also know it's all about the people as they are the ones that make our business the success it is. That's why we provide colleagues with opportunities to make great things happen in an open and exclusive environment.
Our culture is innovative, collaborative and fun; we challenge everyone to make a difference for colleagues, customers, partners and our community.
Being part of the BNP Paribas global banking group means you're part of something big; with plenty of opportunities to take on additional responsibilities and make a real difference.
As you'd expect from being a global banking group, we can give you an award winning benefits package that gives you flexibility to choose your benefits based on what's important to you. We also offer flexible working patterns, a competitive salary, a contributory pension scheme, plus life insurance and private medical insurance, not to mention the all-important holiday days each year to enjoy.
Is there a fit?
If you're interested in joining our dynamic and growing team, then we'd love to hear from you.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy