Housing Support Worker
Adecco Poole and Bournemouth are delighted to be assisting one of our local clients in their search for a Housing Support Worker.
This is a contract role until April 2021.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting a caseload of vulnerable clients, who are primarily ex-rough sleepers, to help them sustain their temporary accommodation in order to prevent repeat homelessness.
- To support a caseload of vulnerable clients, who are primarily ex-rough sleepers with complex health and welfare needs, who require practical support to sustain temporary accommodation
- Amend and review support needs assessment based upon the needs and goals of the client
- To ensure that all clients work towards agreed support plan
- To support clients access benefit, welfare and health services as required
- To work in partnership with Homelessness and Housing Advice Officers
- Support clients towards move on to private rented or social housing accommodation
- To ensure service users have links to community and voluntary group supports
- To support other complex needs clients in Temporary Accommodation to sustain their accommodation
- To liaise and establish good working relationships with all relevant external agencies to provide best possible service for our clients
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working with people with a complex history of mental health issues, substance misuse and debt issues
- An understanding of the problems facing vulnerable people, particularly ex-rough sleepers with complex needs
- Demonstrable knowledge of the welfare benefit system
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Strong MS Office including Word and Excel
- Ability to manage a full and varied workload
- A commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination practice
- Hold a current UK driving licence and use of own vehicle
Up to 13.93 p/h
If you are the candidate we are looking for or are interested to discuss this role or other live vacancies, please do not hesitate to call Tom on 01202 202810 or email
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
More searches like this
- Housing Properties/Facilities Management jobs in Lyndhurst
- Office & secretarial Properties/Facilities Management jobs in Lyndhurst
- Administration Properties/Facilities Management jobs in Lyndhurst
- Public Sector Properties/Facilities Management jobs in Lyndhurst
- Retail Properties/Facilities Management jobs in Lyndhurst