As a Temporary Associate, you may be asked to work in various areas of Amazon’s Delivery Stations and Sort Centres, the main departments being Inbound and Outbound.
Your tasks may include:
- receiving & sorting parcels into relevant post codes
- staging, feeding the lines, & resorting missorts
- handling the full range of products sold by Amazon and its Marketplace sellers in the UK, including but not limited to: age restricted products, food (including nuts and meat) and alcohol and chemicals
- following Amazon's internal processes and procedures, including using radio frequency (RF) scanners and reading instructions from the scanners
You will be required to adhere to strict safety, quality and production standards and consistently achieve Minimum Acceptable Performance Standard (MAPS) set for your department.
The role involves the following physical requirements on a daily basis:
- Standing and/or walking during the duration of a shift (standard full time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
- Lifting and moving products up to 23kg in weight
- Lifting, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching, and/or stretching during the duration of a shift
- Pushing and pulling product up to 23kg in weight during the duration of a shift
- Manual dexterity of both hands and wrists.
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail and the ability to meet targets in a fast-paced environment.
- A true commitment to customer service to help deliver a first-class Amazon experience.
You also need to be able to do the following on a daily basis:
- Stand and/or walk for periods of up to 10 hours.
- Lift and move products up to 23kg in weight - manual dexterity is required.
- Lift, bend, reach above the head, kneel, crouch, and/or stretch of up to 10 hours.
- Push and pull products up to 23kg in weight of up to 10 hours.
- Work on a secure mezzanine at a height of between 9 to 12 metres (equivalent to a 3 or 4 story building).
- Regularly climb and descend four flights of stairs safely.
- Understand training and Health & Safety instructions delivered in English.
Most importantly, you’ll work to the highest standards to make sure Amazon exceeds customers' expectations!