To ensure the appropriate supplies are provided in a timely and cost effective manner whilst meeting Force financial procedures and audit requirements. In particular to:
· Ensure that all submitted requisitions and requests at the counter are fulfilled in a courteous, professional and timely manner, and to contribute to the stores function meeting its agreed service levels.
· Ensure the internal distribution of items within a multi-site operation is undertaken accurately and promptly.
· Purchase and order goods & services from approved suppliers in line with agreed procedures.
· Conversant with MS Office packages and complete all electronic internal inventory transactions accurately.
· Operate all specialist equipment used within the stores in a safe manner.
· Provide specialist advice and knowledge
· Receive stock and replenish the warehouse
· Pick, pack and distribute supplies
· Uphold Force directives regarding Policies and corporate decisions
· Uphold Force Procurement & Financial principals
· Work effectively with other Forces and Public Sector organisations
- A stores or logistics related qualification would be advantageous or a Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) qualification
- Fork Lift Truck License (preferred)
- Lived in the UK for at least 5 years
- Proven ability to work effectively and fluidly within the stores operation
- Experience in working within a multi-stores environment
- A user knowledge of stock control systems
- Proven ability of using MS Office
- Experience in operating warehouse equipment
To assist in ensuring applicants would be able to undertake these functions of the role, it will be necessary for the medical questionnaire provided with the other application material to be completed. In some cases, a medical assessment of the information provided in that questionnaire will be undertaken.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy