Java Developer - Algo Trading
Global investment bank is looking for a highly experienced Java Developer who will join the EMEA team to work on new initiatives and support for business critical algorithmic trading engines.
You will join the Electronic Trading Technology (ETT) team which support the Electronic Trading business in the Global Markets and Investment Banking Group. The team provides innovative solutions for low touch, low latency trading, which includes FIX connectivity, low latency market connectivity, smart order routing, algorithmic trading and internal crossing.
The requirement is for a core Java developer. The team is working on a number of algorithmic engines that support benchmark algos, smart order routing and internal crossing, serving the EMEA as well as global electronic business. Apart from a continuous stream of strategy enhancements, brand new trading strategies and regulatory requirements, the team is also working on a number of framework related items. The underlying platform has been built on a Java framework with next-generation cutting edge low latency and high throughput at the heart of the application.
- Excellent communication skills
- In depth understanding of core Java API's (collections, concurrency, NIO etc.)
-Have an understanding of and experience with multithreaded systems, working knowledge of the Java garbage collector, familiar with low latency I/O.
- Understanding of and experience with design patterns (Observer, Factory, Singleton etc.)
- Development practices - Must be able to use test driven development and be familiar with UML and OO design. Should have experience with Eclipse or IntelliJ, GIT, continuous build servers and Maven / Gradle.
- Team Player - Must be able to work with and help more junior members as well as take technical direction from the team lead.
- Can demonstrate ability to work in a multi-faceted role (development with some testing, support and analysis.)
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Understanding of benchmark algo and/or smart routing strategies (VWAP, TWAP, Arrival Price etc.)
- Experience working with agile methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience of front office system design and architecture (algo trading plant and topology)
- Business Knowledge - Understanding of equities and/or derivatives markets.
- Knowledge of FIX (heartbeating, login, sequence numbers, message types etc.)
Spring Technology acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.spring.com/candidate-privacy-information-statement
Apply for Java Developer - Algo Trading
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.