Computer Services Technician
Assist the Computer Services Manager in the smooth running of the computer systems and network.
Provide support to users of thenetwork.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide 1st and 2nd line quality support for both hardware and software, complying with IT Technician working practices and policies.
- Support all staff IT resources (PCs, laptops, tablets, Apple Macs, peripherals, mobile devices, projectors, IWB's, printers, telephony, etc.).
- Provide technical support and maintenance for software components within the networks.
- Carry out the installation and configuration of all new computer hardware to ensure operation to the highest quality standard.
- Produce and maintain documented procedures on all supported systems and applications, updating documents where required.
- Responsible for supporting users, responding to and updating helpdesk jobs, resolution of faults and the implementation of any requests for change.
- Manage network users on Active Directory within set guidelines.
- Support users in the use of hardware, systems, software, Internet and e-mail.
- Responsible for administering printing facilities including desktop printers and multi-function devices.
- Assist with project activities.
- Update and support the Apple Macs and iPads where required.
- Provide technical advice and support to the Computer Services Manager.
- Ensure the smooth running of online exams through both support and updating software as required.
- Maintain and update equipment and IT inventory on a regular basis.
- Maintain the security policies on all IT equipment and be vigilant in the prevention of inappropriate use of IT equipment.
- Stay abreast of new technologies and investigate new systems. Install, trial and roll out new systems as directed by the Computer Services Manager.
- Undertake continuous professional development to ensure that own knowledge is kept up-to-date and contributes to the overall aims of the department.
- Ensure that copyright and data protection laws are upheld and college policies are adhered to.
- Ensure that Information Security policies are complied with at all times.
- Required to work at multiple sites as directed by the Computer Services Manager.
- Provide evening cover where required, and occasional weekend cover when necessary.
- Adhere to safe working practices in line with Health & Safety regulations.
Take responsibility for personal development, including:
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Computer Services Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.