RENT ARREARS RECOVERY OFFICER
RENT ARREARS RECOVERY OFFICER
£18-23 HOURLY RATE
MONDAY- FRIDAY, 9AM- 5PM
3 MONTH ASSIGNMENT (POSSIBILITY OF BEING EXTENDED)
RENT ARREARS RECOVERY OFFICER'S MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assist the Finance Team Leaders & Rent Arrears Income Recovery Lead officers with all aspects of debt recovery across the full range of Council services as appropriate in accordance with agreed recovery and debt collection policies
- To have the ability to learn/have specialist knowledge on the legislation, policy and guidelines for recovery enforcement for a wide range of debt types
- To ensure that the Council's requirements to constrain the growth of rent arrears are met by prompt and efficient recovery actions in accordance with the pre action protocol, set procedures and good practice guidelines.
- Carrying out a range of tasks associated with Housing rent collection including enforcement process.
- Liaises with Customers and their Representatives, External and Internal Stakeholders to effectively resolve enquires and provide comprehensive advice and assistance in writing, and face to face.
- Deals with appropriate enquiries at first point of contact and hands off to other Finance Staff in accordance with agreed processes
THE RENT ARREARS RECOVERY OFFICER MUST HAVE:
- Experience demonstrating an understanding of debt collection and recovery.
- Knowledge of welfare benefits and knowledge of the proposed welfare reforms and Universal Credit
- A strong knowledge of Financial Exclusion and the impact it has on residents.
- Experience of working in a customer- focused environment and achieving successful outcomes
- Ability to build strong working relationships with People outside of their team
*Please apply online with your CV. Please note that only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted*
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for RENT ARREARS RECOVERY OFFICER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.