£29-30 HOURLY RATE
FULL TIME & PART TIME ROLES AVAILABLE
6 MONTH ASSIGNMENT (POSSIBILITY OF BEING EXTENDED)
To be responsible for leading a successful finance team to deliver the core financial management processes within their area(s)
FINANCE MANAGER'S MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Budget setting at the Departmental and overall Council level, including the Council Tax setting cycle and associated Cabinet reports
- Production of the year-end financial accounts, the associated close down processes and preparing for and responding to external audit
- Budget monitoring. This includes leading the team to challenge departments/services on the best use of resources available and ensure compliance with the corporate financial framework.
- Providing high quality professional financial support and advice.
- Acting as an effective line manager by providing day to day management to their team, providing regular feedback and coaching, and delegating work appropriately.
THE FINANCE MANAGER MUST HAVE:
- A CCAB or CIMA accountancy qualification
- Extensive knowledge and experience of local government finance
- Extensive knowledge and experience of budget setting, financial monitoring (capital and revenue) and closing the accounts
- Experience of line management including coaching and providing feedback
- Knowledge of value for money principles to ensure the most cost-effective outcomes are achieved within limited resources
- Ability to plan, lead and review the work of a team
*Please apply online with your CV. Please note that only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted*
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for FINANCE MANAGER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.