Maintenance Handyman - Serviced Offices (Retail Business Park)
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR MAINTENANCE HANDYMEN TO ASSIST A MAINTENANCE TEAM BASED ON A BUSINESS PARK WORKING ON SERVICED OFFICES ON ROTATING DAY AND NIGHT SHIFT BASIS.
(YOU MUST BE TIME SERVED AND EXPERIENCED IN THIS SECTOR EITHER IN SERVICED OFFICES, A BUSINESS / RETAIL PARK OR SHOPPING CENTRES) WITH EXPERIENCE OF AIR CON, PUMPS, VALVES ETC. AND A MIXTURE OF ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL EXPERIENCE
Training will be initially done on days, the shifts are for 12 hrs PER DAY and it is a 41.25 hr week with overtime available at x 1.5. the shift pattern following training is a rotating Panama shift pattern of days and nights, days are 6am - 6pm and nights are 6pm to 6am - there is a 20% shift allowance also. Please contact me for further clarification.
- City and Guilds recognised apprenticeship or training programme and have qualifications to NVQ level 3 or equivalent in electrical/mechanical engineering.
- Electrical and mechanical technical competency with experience relating to a technology/manufacturing environment
- IEE regs trained, 17th edition desirable.
- As part of the service delivery team you will be working on a high priority and critical site which maintains plant equipment. As part of a "two persons" team will be responsible for ensuring that following an end to end process in achieving high standard of equipment maintenance.
- Electrical and Mechanical fault finding, and rectification of faults found
- Identify any additional works and implement on authorisation.
- Requisition materials and equipment to carry out works.
- Complete work sheets for works undertaken
- Obtain authorisation from the client for critical works. (service interruption)
- Provide effective resource planning to cover absence and sickness from within the team by securing agreement with fellow technicians, thereafter, be prepared to cover as and when required any shortfall (including covering shifts).
- Attention to detail and a "value added" approach to work.
- Good communication skills, tactful and persuasive.
- Highly self-motivated and proactive.
- Must be client and customer services focused.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask, self-motivated.
- Ability to 'Think' outside the box, and to continuously improve/re-engineer current processes.
- A 'can do' positive attitude to delivering the maintenance service to a multi tenanted environment
Hours of Work:
- Shift work, average of 41.125 hours per week, 12 hour shifts, Combination of Days and Night shifts (24/7 site)
- Market rate salary + shift uplift
- 3% non-contributory pension scheme
- 23 days holiday per annum (including Bank and Public Holidays)
PLEASE CONTACT MATHEW MADDISON AT ADECCO ON 0116 2530516, THIS IS AN IMMEDIATE START FOR THE RIGHT PERSON.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Maintenance Handyman - Serviced Offices (Retail Business Park)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.