Regulatory Affairs Scientist
Duties & responsibilities
- To support colleagues and customers by providing assurances relating to legal compliance and chemical composition.
- To maintain compliance records for inspection or audit by government agencies, certifying bodies and customers.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of legislation and standards applying to company products for key markets and applications such as food packaging
- Interpret regulatory texts e.g. legislation and standards, advising the company accordingly
- Support R&D and Marketing teams on development projects by advising on the status of materials with regard to their compliance with legislation, and chemistries of interest
- Assist colleagues globally, in responding to a wide variety of customer requests, providing guidance and interpretation as necessary, ensuring that the services provided are relevant to the business needs
- Liaise with suppliers collecting product information, screening for suitability and request changes or additional information as necessary
- Plan and manage analytical projects with external laboratories, interpreting test reports and making recommendations
- Maintain regulatory documentation in line with latest knowledge
- Develop external contacts and knowledge of current industry issues, by attendance at conferences and seminars
- Proactively contribute ideas, and to initiatives, to improve department systems and ways of working
Education & Qualifications
- A degree in a related science subject or a science qualification with relevant experience would be preferable.
- Knowledge and Experience
- Existing regulatory affairs knowledge or experience in a scientific/technical environment would be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Accuracy and an eye for detail working with complex information
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise work based on customers and business needs
- Application of sound professional judgement to ethical issues
- Flexible with the ability to work within a team in an open and professional manner
- Analytical thinker, with good scientific and numerical skills
- Strong personal ethics and integrity
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Regulatory Affairs Scientist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.