Warehouse Shift Manager - Frozen & Ambient Foods
WE ARE CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR AN EXPERIENCED WAREHOUSE SHIFT MANAGER WITHIN FROZEN AND AMBIENT FOODS, THIS COULD BE AN IMMEDIATE START FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE.
Hours & Working Times:
45 Hours per week, Monday to Friday with alternate Saturdays. Due to the nature of the role, candidates need to be flexible with working pattern, additional hours may be required to meet the needs of the business.
We are looking for an additional Warehouse Shift Manager to join the team, with experience in a fast-paced, high volume warehouse operation. You must be hands on as the majority of your time will be on the warehouse floor to ensure orders are picked accurately, in full and on time, which at times will involve you picking, checking and loading vehicles.
Reporting to the Warehouse & Distribution Manager, you will be work with the other Warehouse shift managers in being responsible for the day-to-day running of the warehouse operations. You will supervise up to 30 staff in this distribution environment and be capable of managing and motivating a team.
- to ensure orders are picked and loaded in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
- You will have a 'hands-on' approach to ensure staff are trained and driven to operate in an effective and efficient way.
- You will be responsible for ensuring all correct documentation received and produced is accurate and processed with the right departments in a timely manner.
- Manage the stock movement & inventory in the warehouse to ensure internal systems are accurate and stock is managed, packed and shipped correctly.
- Supervise the loading of the vehicles and work with the staff to ensure the stock has been securely fastened.
- Quality check all products for inbound and outbound and will also liaise with internal and external customers to ensure the warehouse service operates in a safe and efficient way.
- Delivering consistent high standards within the warehouse.
- Managing routine procedures whilst ensuring that all policies are adhered to.
- Delivering store key performance indicators to achieve targets set as agreed with your manager.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and setting challenging targets to minimise payroll costs.
- Manage, lead and develop the team to deliver high performance.
- Maintain H&S, food safety and fire regulations.
- Ensure the security procedures are followed by all employees and updated as required.
- Ensure that customer service is at the forefront of your decision making by having effective plans in place, encouraging the right culture, and challenging the team to improve service standards.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with customers and colleagues using feedback to improve service and satisfaction.
- Effectively communicate with third parties both internal and external.
- The training, discipline and motivation of all staff, ensuring that there is always sufficient staff cover. Monitoring attendance, time keeping, performance.
- As a key holder you will participate in an on call rota with other Managers for any security issues/breaches out of hours and will be required to comply with security requirements when opening and locking the store.
- Currently a paper pick operation until we install new systems over the next 12 months.
The candidate must:
- Have experience in a distribution environment (ideally food service) and have proven management skills
- Have an excellent understanding of good customer service and will take ownership of issues/complaints with customers and staff to manage the appropriate resolutions, formally and informally.
- be proactive and able to manage their time effectively, in a calm manner, in a highly pressurised and demanding environment.
- hold a forklift license (Reach)
- capable of communicating effectively to the team and work closely with other internal Managers to ensure the effective operation of the warehouse function.
- Have a dynamic nature and be very hands on.
- Be loyalty and committed to the role and Company.
- Ideally speak Punjab/Urdu
PLEASE CONTACT MATHEW MADDISON ON 0116 253 0516 FOR MORE INFORMATION
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Warehouse Shift Manager - Frozen & Ambient Foods
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.