Senior Regulatory Specialist
Senior Regulatory Specialist
Exciting opportunity to join and contribute to the Scientific & Regulatory Affairs (SRA) team of a large multi-national company. The Senior Specialist applies technical, organisational, and project managerial skills to provide guidance to R&D project teams, Corporate Affairs, Marketing and other internal partners on regulatory matters.
Pay rate: £25.64 per hour
£40,000 per annum.
Contract duration: One year
As a Contractor in Scientific & Regulatory Affairs, the Senior Regulatory Specialist performs a variety of regulatory activities related to raw materials, finished products, product registration, labelling, claims, packaging, and regulatory database management to ensure compliance with applicable food and other product-related laws and regulations in accordance with internal processes in the region. This position proactively identifies potential regulatory problems, and takes action, as appropriate, to minimise or eliminate such problems and performs other duties to assist in creating a positive scientific and regulatory environment for our products and aligned with our business goals as well as ensuring SRA internal standards and processes are monitored and complied with.
A Senior Specialist applies technical, organisational, and project managerial skills broadly to provide guidance to R&D project teams, Corporate Affairs, Marketing and other internal partners on regulatory matters, recommends options and implements solutions to resolve problems so the product can be brought to market on a timely and cost-efficient basis. The jobholder works with a moderate level of independence, based on regulatory knowledge and experience in the region, to manage complex SRA challenges, provide reasoned and business relevant solutions, and risk assessments. Regulatory compliance of our products in the market place can be impacted if internal compliance and approval processes are not followed; this could have financial implications to the company if products have to be recalled or if fines are incurred if incumbent duties are not executed flawlessly.
The job holder will be expected to:
- Have responsibility for assuring ingredients, formulas, labelling, and packaging are in full compliance with laws and regulations.
- Have responsibility for assuring claims are in full compliance with laws and regulations.
- Proactively monitors regulatory activities in the region; determines current and expected regulatory status of new ingredients and additives; researches interpretations regarding the safety and acceptability of products and ingredients, and assures that SRA databases are up to date and contain the best current information; works internally (including with cross-segment Mars partners) and externally to address and influence proposed regulations to preserve the Client's freedom to operate.
- Participates on project teams, anticipates regulatory issues and works with legal counsel, consultants, suppliers, and trade associations and external partners to clarify and resolve these issues.
- Lead SRA projects, and assists on more complex projects, some with global scope and impact.
- Leads the regional deployment, compliance to and reporting on SRA internal standards and processes as well as supporting internal and external audits.
Education & Professional Qualification
A Master's degree in a technical area, such as nutrition, food science, biology, chemistry or pharmacology, or in food law.
Technical experience in regulatory affairs with food products, this includes excellent knowledge on European food legislation.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Senior Regulatory Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.