Adecco are currently recruiting for a PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTANT to work for a Local Authority in CROYDON.
FULL TIME - 36 HOURS PER WEEK
TEMPORARY ROLE - 3 MONTHS (MINIMUM)
£23.22 PER HOUR (PAYE) / £28.58 PER HOUR (UMBRELLA)
*Initial interviews being held Monday 21st and Tuesday 22nd September*
The post holder will have overall responsibility for overseeing financial planning, management and coordination of financial arrangements for a given area across both revenue and capital finance and/or cross cutting areas such as corporate and statutory reporting, and technical finance.
As this post is central to the financial management and accounting processes across the Council, the post holder will deal with:
- Departmental Directors, Heads of Service, Heads of Finance and Principal Accountants
- Service managers
- Operational staff
- Internal Auditors
- Other staff at all levels, both within and outside the finance team
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To deliver financial and management accounting services for a specific service (or services).
- To lead on key areas of corporate and technical accountancy
- To support the improvement of financial processes and the adoption of best practice in financial management. This includes maintaining professional skills to be able to remain effective in role
- To provide financial advice and support to the service
Essential knowledge and experience:
- A CCAB or CIMA accountancy qualification or at least 3 yrs senior finance relevant accounting experience
- Experience or knowledge of the work of a public authority Finance Department at a similar level.
- Knowledge and application of local government finance and an understanding of relevant financial legislation, professional accountancy codes and financial best practice.
- Evidence of successfully managing key financial processes (budgeting, monitoring, forecasting, closing of accounts, completion of grants and statistical returns)
- The application of VFM principles to ensure the most cost effective outcomes are achieved within limited resources
- Experience of working successfully as part of a professional team to deliver strong financial management advice to managers, ideally if within an environment of change.
- Experience of using accounting software packages and other IT software
- Experience of financial analysis and forecasting to support decision making with an awareness and understanding of service delivery as well as financial implications.
- Management experience including evidence of motivating staff to achieve objectives and overcoming barriers to progress.
- Experience of partnership working (internal or external).
- Evidence of successfully building customer-focused relationships.
- Experience of contributing to strategy and developing and implementing policy.
- Understanding of the issues relating to effective service delivery at a time of budgetary constraints.
- Experience of developing and implementing financial systems which have enhanced services.
- Experience of working with outsourced services.
- Track record of promoting equality of opportunity
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Principal Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.