Caretaker (School / College)
Based- Richmond,Surrey KT9
Hours - 36 hrs per week across 7 days. (Rota system)
Caretaking experience within a school / college and FULL clean driving licence essential
The caretaking team plays a critical role at the college by providing safe, secure and welcoming spaces for the college community. Caretakers report to the Estates and Facilities Manager and provide caretaking services, general maintenance; Health and safety; and Administration for both campuses - in Richmond and Surbiton.
- To deliver timely, high quality service in order to support the work of the College in meeting the needs of learners, staff and other clients. E.g. timely room layout for classes, events etc.
- To monitor and respond to request logged on the Estates Help Desk system
- To understand customer needs and provide the highest levels of customer service to internal and external parties. Timely responses to requests.
- To manage deliveries.
- To effectively co-ordinate with other internal teams e.g. IT and Learner Services teams.
- To liaise with and oversee contractors as required. Please note - we have onsite contract cleaning, catering and security teams.
- To undertake general maintenance tasks such as painting, decorating, as required.
- To undertake minor repairs drawing on any specialist skills e.g. carpentry, simple electrics, plumbing.
- To assist with the effective maintainenace of campus gardens and grounds.
- To contribute to the on-going programme of maintenance and decoration (planned programme of maintenance).
- To contribute to small projects designed to enhance the campuses e.g. reception/room upgrades.
- To support the Estates and Facilities managing in ensuring that all Health and Safety requirements are met and recorded
- To carry out and log health and safety and compliance checks as per required schedules. On a timely basis.
- To undertake risk assessments with support from the Estates and Facilities Manager.
- To support the Estates and Facilities managing in ensuring that our campuses remain covid-safe.
- To be familiar with and follow all relevant policies and procedures
- To act as Fire Marshal and support in co-ordinating fire exacuations - both planned and unplanned.
- To act as a first aider.
- To monitor and update the helpdesk system on a timely basis.
- To create requisitions on the purchasing system.
- To keep electronic and paper records up to date.
- To log and report accidents, incidents and near misses.
- To assist in the preparation of other reports, as directed by your manager.
- Good knowledge of Micrsoft products required.
- 36 hours per week, across 7 days. Rota system in place.
- Infrequent emergency response in the event of out of hours incidents may be required. This will be compensated separately.
- Good knowledge and experience of caretaking in a similar organisation.
- Self starter, motivated and committed.
- Excellent customer service.
- Able to work within a team or on own initiative.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Caretaker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.