Our client is seeking a skilled HR Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for all HR duties within the office of up to 75 employees.
The role is paying a salary of up to £40,000 depending on experience.
The ideal personality
We all have individual personalities but, as a company, how do we want to be seen? Our company/brand personality helps define the way we behave and communicate. It includes 4 key characteristics and we encourage our employees to display these both internally and externally.
Role activities / responsibilities
- First line HR support across the business providing pragmatic and comprehensive HR advice, escalating matters to the Managing Director where necessary.
- Provide advice and guidance to line managers and employees on employee relations and employment law issues such as maternity; short- and long-term sickness absence; flexible working requests & probation extensions
- Manage the recruitment process including advertising, arranging interviews, checking right to work documentation, making offers to candidates and on boarding.
- Responsible for all ER cases, advising and guiding both managers and employees on HR policies and procedures and managing any issues that arise
- Manage the exit process including conducting exit interviews and reporting absence data
- Maintain accurate records on employees' right to work for audit purposes.
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies and ensuring these are in line with the current legislation.
- Delivery of management and employee training where needed. Building relationships with training providers where necessary. Responsible for content selection, budget and training needs analysis
- Responsible for creating, writing, improving and implementing company policies and procedures
- Leading and implementing new HR initiatives as required
- General administration as required
You will be/have:
- CIPD qualified, level 5 or above
- Proactively keeping up to date with current legislation and best practice
- Strong generalist or advisor experience
- Experience of working in an in-house recruitment role
- Experience of developing, implementing and improving recruitment and HR processes
- Experience of creating, developing and delivering training
- Able to communicate at all levels of the business
- Able to work on your own without supervision and take appropriate decisions
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
Salary and benefits
- Training and development, supporting your career pathway
- Competitive salary
- Laptop and Mobile phone provided
- A great place to come to work, a beautiful environment base in the Berkshire countryside."
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for HR Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.