£12.05 per hour
40 hours / 4 days - PM and Night Shift
Shifts - Weds to Sat / Sun to Weds
Start date ASAP
Our client is a leading online retailer looking for Operation Supervisors to join their new centre in Milton Keynes.
As an Operations Specialist you will oversee the shift management. Operations Specialists must drive the pulse of the operations on the ground and play a key role in getting customers' orders out to them in every step of the chain.
This is a varied, challenging role and every day is different!
In this role, you will be:
- Create and cultivate a safe working environment by identifying safety opportunities across your work area
- Manage and train Associates to help deliver the best service for our customers
- Ensure that customer orders are fulfilled in line with quality and safety guidelines
- Continuously provide critical shift related information to frontline management and operators
- Adjust labour allocation throughout your shifts to meet and exceed plans and forecasts
- Engage with support functions and/or other departments to address common issues or needs in key areas of performance e.g. process area readiness, 5S, safety, training
- Help to solve logistics and supply chain challenges through data analysis, innovation and process optimization
- The Logistics department is a fluid, intentional, fast-paced environment.
- Be able to effectively operate in a high speed, high reward context.
- Day-to-day responsibilities will include managing a parcel sortation operation.
- This will come alongside scheduling the effective movement of vehicles and ensuring accurate arrivals and departures, as well as supporting the daily management of departmental duties.
- Carry out daily communication briefs with the team.
- Deliver stellar levels of customer satisfaction: ensure effective resourcing of your area. This will include the identifying training needs of the team.
- Remain committed to positive development of the personnel you oversee: you'll deliver ongoing coaching as you encourage everyone to perform at their best.
- Continuous monitoring of overall department productivity
The type of candidate they will be looking for:
Has strong communication skills, demonstrates a great sense of ownership, leads by example in all areas of performance and has the ability to develop subject matter expertise in all operations processes. You will need to be able to work with data, motivate employees to achieve the best, but most importantly can keep the customer at the heart of every decision you make.
Essential: 1-2 years people management within one of the below industries:
* Supply Chain
* Oil & Gas industry
* Customer Service
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Operations Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.