7 days left
- Full Time
A prestigious school in Colchester are looking for a temporary ongoing caretaker to assist the site team. This is a temporary part time position- hours per week may vary dependant on maintenance needs.
The rate of pay will be £9.94 to £10.14 per hour dependant on experience.
We are looking for someone who has plumbing, carpentry or care taking experience and skills.
You will have a DBS or happy to apply for one.
- Being a key holder- security procedures for buildings and grounds. Opening premises.
- Respond to out of hours calls to respond to the burglar alarm.
- Undertaking allocated area cleaning.
- Washing internal walls to keep to H&S standards.
- General wear and tear.
- Cleaning windows- sometimes at high- full risk assessment and training provided.
- Plumbing work; repairing a leaking tap, replacing washer, plumbing new tap etc.
- Plastering work; removal of shelves, repairing cracks, broken plaster or damaged walls.
- Fencing and boundary repairs- broken fences, stakes etc.
- Taking delivery of stores, materials and other goods.
- Operating the heating plant so that the required temperatures are maintained in the premises and an adequate supply of hot water is available. Carrying out frost precaution procedures.
- Carrying out routine procedures or checks on ancillary equipment, e.g. checking batteries, automatic pumps and areas subject to flooding.
- Ensuring that all areas within the site are free from litter and that all drains and gullies are free-flowing and clean.
- Testing portable electrical equipment if trained and accredited to do so.
- At all times to carry out the duties in accordance with school-based policies and Health and Safety procedures.
Monday to Friday- flexible hours.
All Covid- 19 measures are in place.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Caretaker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.