We are recruiting for a Project Support Officer with Administrative support duties to begin a fixed term contract starting in September up until February 2021, based at a client in central Birmingham.
We require one member of interim staff; administrative support with project management capability working largely within the client's procurement team. The team will be designing and developing a tender which will require a large amount of staff engagement, involving many meetings and several projects running in parallel; all which will need to be carefully managed.
The role will support the design and development of the tender exercise for the client's Framework and tasks will include the following:
- Booking and managing meetings
- Liaising with teams to establish requirements
- Booking rooms and arranging video conference details
- Sending out invites
- Note taking / action points, if required
- Managing changes to bookings.
- Managing mailing lists (e.g. ensuring new stakeholders are added to the relevant user groups)
- Assisting with management of the tender site (creating new folders, sharing file access etc.)
- Further ad hoc tasks
Role core requirements
In order to carry out this role, you will need to have:
- Administrative experience.
- An understanding of good project management theory and techniques.
- A basic understanding of procurement in the Public Sector.
- Experience of working on a fast-paced, complex programme of work involving over 50 members of staff;
- The ability to quickly familiarise yourself with processes and systems;
- The ability to work autonomously to solve challenges, only escalating when necessary;
- A working knowledge of Sharepoint, including the ability to set up folders and potentially to manage access permissions;
- The ability to integrate with, and act as an advocate for the client
The following requirements are not vital to the role but would be very useful, although not essential:
- Understanding of procurement in the public sector
- Experience of working at an organisation within the Civil Service
- A desire to 'branch out' into a career in project management and/or procurement.
This role is likely to involve travel to their Birmingham office, and you must be willing to undertake a DBS disclosure.
To apply for this role, please follow the instructions to submit your CV online in the first instance.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Project Support
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.