Transport & Logistics Account Broker (Charted Insurance)
7 days left
- Full Time
WE ARE CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR A TRANSPORT & LOGISTICS INSURANCE BROKER WITH EXPERIENCE OF CORPORATE AND INDUSTRIAL RISK FOR A CHARTERED INSURANCE CLIENT
Our client is an award-winning Independent Insurance Broker Network.
The Transport & Logistics Account Broker role will be responsible for maintaining and developing relationships with existing and prospective clients and insurers in the Transport & Logistics sector. You will be able to provide clients with professional service in line with company service levels and be able to work with the wider team to manage the delivery of the renewal, new business and mid-term amendment processes so that all necessary timescales are met. You will also be working with a team of experienced Account Brokers.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and an enthusiastic individual who holds a good understanding of the principles and practice of Insurance Risk Assessment, Underwriting and Accounting. Ideally, they will have a strong background in Insurance and have previously operated at a similar level. They should have good understanding of the key providers and the product classes of business. With the drive to succeed and excellent communications skills, they will be able to manage clients effectively, work closely with cross-functional teams within the business and champion the business strategy.
The role will be based in the Corporate division and can be based from either their Leicester or Northampton office. The role will report into the Transport & Logistics Team Manager.
- Manage the delivery of the renewal, new business and mid-term amendment processes so that all necessary timescales are met including placing of cover, issue of required documentation, prompt debiting and securing of finance if appropriate.
- Maintain and develop appropriate relationships with existing and prospective clients and insurers, to provide clients with professional service in line with company service levels appropriate to the type of risks involved.
- Effectively assist the team in meeting all targets and KPI's set.
- Ensure all processes relating to successful collection of client monies are adhered to; including assisting with the collection of monies where needed.
- Provide a high standard of broker support service to the client.
- Effectively work with our operating system for all client records, activities, documentation, communications and diary accordingly including the use of other software packages as required.
- Operate at all times within the rules and regulations of the FCA and in compliance with company procedures, including Treating Customers Fairly and Contract Certainty.
- Effectively contribute and prepare for all appraisal and review meetings.
So, what are we looking for?
- At least 3 years of experience in related industry, minimum of Cert CII is required (Dip and ACII preferred)
- Excellent all-round verbal and written communication skills appropriate for dealings with Clients, Insurers, Staff and other parties.
- A good understanding of the principles and practice of Insurance Risk Assessment, Underwriting and Accounting.
- An awareness and a good understanding of key principles and standards of compliance required under FCA regulations.
- The ability to display effectively a full range of relationship skills in respect of existing clients, insurers and other third parties to ensure timely delivery of work.
- An understanding and appreciation of matters in regulatory Compliance under FCA regulations within insurance
- Problem solving, decision making and negotiating skills.
What else is on offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Group Income Protection
- 24 days holiday per calendar year which will be pro rata from the date you commence your employment.
- Death-In-Service benefit at x4 salary.
- Subject to completion of the probationary period, eligibility to join the group pension scheme, with an employer pension contribution of 6% and employee contribution on a salary sacrifice basis provided you contribute at least 2%.
- Quarterly Bonus payments (subject to completion of probationary period and passing a set of defined team KPIs)
- Other employee benefits and discounts
- On-site parking
- Staff referral bonus scheme
- In-house awards
PLEASE CONTACT MATHEW MADDISON AT ADECCO ON 0116 2530516
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Transport & Logistics Account Broker (Charted Insurance)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.