SRA Nutrition & Health Science Support
SRA Nutrition and Health Science Support
Exciting opportunity to join and contribute to the Scientific & Regulatory Affairs (SRA) team of a large multi-national company, playing a central role in identifying scientific developments in emerging issues, and collating briefing documents on the knowledge, evidence and science relevant to specific issues/topics.
Pay rate: £15.381 per hour
£30,000 per annum.
Contract duration: One year
To apply use the link below.
In order to make evidence-based decisions, it is important that business leaders are fully appraised of emerging health and nutrition issues and the scientific evidence and/or regulatory environment surrounding them. The job holder acts to support the subject matter experts by identifying and compiling relevant information and evidence in support of the development of briefing documents, creation of business positions, creation of tools and procedures to allow stakeholders to use evidence and creation of reports highlighting developments in emerging issues.
The job holder will be expected to:
- Scan emerging issues in the area of human health & nutrition, identifying those likely to impact the business, regulatory environment, consumer perception, or attract media attention.
- Conduct wide ranging scientific and regulatory searches to support the development of horizon scanning reports, curating the results into business relevant sectors.
- Review a wide range of data sources, including enforcement agency websites, trade press and other media to develop a broad perspective of the health & nutrition landscape.
- Provide support to subject matter experts across different functions in compiling a comprehensive horizon scanning report to maintain their knowledge and understanding of emerging issues.
- Contribute to delivery of concise science briefs (~6/year) on specific priority topics in the area of health and nutrition.
- Develop expertise in the use of internal tools to facilitate the above, and develop/maintain simple systems, tools and/or procedures to facilitate the accessibility of information to SRA and their business partners.
- In partnership with the wider corporate SRA team the job holder will be expected to support the functioning of specific internal working groups and communities.
Education & Professional Qualification
- BSc and PhD or MSc life science or veterinary science. Experience commensurate with a higher degree can substitute for a PhD or MSc
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral with an ability to communicate complex science to non-technical audiences
- Sound decision quality, critical thinking and judgement skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Peer relation skills essential and the organisational agility to get things done through both formal and informal networks
- A high level of energy, motivation and drive for results
- Experience in a nutrition is highly desirable
- Experience in a regulatory environment is highly desirable/
- Knowledge of End-note is highly desirable
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for SRA Nutrition & Health Science Support
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.