Assistant Management Accountant
5 days left
- Full Time
My well know client based in Kendal is looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to support their Financial Controller. This role will support the European team and is a new role for their business. The team is in it's infancy and the role provides a great opportunity for the successful candidate to learn alongside the rest of the new team. A fantastic opportunity for the right candidate!
Purpose of the role:
Provide support to the Financial Controller. Support to ensure that the Company reports its financial results in an accurate and timely manner for both internal and external purposes and support managers in maximising the return on resources utilised. Ensure that all tasks are performed in accordance with company guidelines including SOX.
- Month end review of district jobs/projects to assess WIP & Accrual requirements, working closely with the Operational Managers. Ability to provide clear explanation of the monthly DCM achieved for each reportable District.
- Month end review of cost centres/operations. Ability to provide explanation of any variances from expectations.
- Monthly review of SG&A - analysis provided for any variances to budget and accruals & prepayment adjustments as required.
- Responsibility for the preparation and posting of specific accounting journals required for 1st draft of management accounts.
- Ensure the company has fully provided for sales commissions & rebates in line with specific contract agreements.
- Responsibility for the preparation of specific balance sheet reconciliations for inclusion in the monthly balance sheet pack.
- Support with internal & external audits.
- Support with monthly & quarterly reporting requirements to the parent company.
- Preparation & distribution of intercompany confirmations and reconciling OneStream Intercompany.
- Completion of allocated areas of monthly OneStream consolidation reporting.
- Ensure best practice is carried out in accordance with company guidelines and in accordance with SOX procedures.
- Adhoc support to Financial Accountant as and when required.
Skills and Knowledge required:
- Good computer skills with knowledge of Excel and other spread sheets.
- Experience within Service & Product Manufacturing industries would be desirable.
- Experience working to SOX requirements would be desirable.
- Ability to learn Solomon accounts package.
- Ability to process data accurately in an efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate to employees at variance levels within the company and outside stakeholders.
- Office based
Systems and Equipment Used:
- Personal computer using Microsoft software and applications as well as Solomon accounting system.
- Standard office equipment
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Must act with integrity at all times, dealing with very high cash value transactions.
- Attention to detail critical
- Unless exceptional circumstances prevail no holiday will be approved during the financial month end or the financial year end and that during these periods you will be expected to work overtime when requested to do so.
- Embrace the Core Values and follow it at all times
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Assistant Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.