Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
4 days left
- Full Time
Our client is a long-established, global technology manufacturing company based in the Newton Aycliffe area. The company is committed to innovation and change. We are looking for candidates who are self-motivated and have the ability to work as part of a team to contribute to the overall success of the company.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced multi skilled electrical / mechanical technician familiar with the maintaining and continuous improvement of high speed assembly and packaging equipment. You will also have a proven track record of working within a manufacturing environment.
This position is initially for 6 months on a 3 shift pattern, however flexibility for various shift patterns is preferred.
It will be a 3-shift position = £18.86p/h
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for providing Maintenance support to facilitate maximum operational effectiveness of the site's manufacturing equipment and processes in line with the area's safety, quality and cost requirements. Engage in all activities as directed, to achieve safely the assigned area's work schedules in line with the site expectations
- Candidates will be required to carry out maintenance and repair, both planned and unplanned, on all automatic assembly machines and processes, ensuring maximum operational effectiveness in line with safety, quality and cost requirements
- Candidates will also assist in new process implementation and continuous improvement activities.
- In addition to possessing a relevant apprenticeship, applicants need to be flexible, possess good problem solving skills and capable of working both as a team and alone in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Candidates should have transferable skills from previous experience and employment
- Understanding and compliance of Health and Safety Regulations
- Fault diagnosis
- Maintenance of high speed production machinery
- Knowledge and use of Rockwell PLCs and Software
- Knowledge and use of Cognex Vision systems
- Knowledge and use of Servo Drive Control
- Knowledge and use of Inverter Drives
- Knowledge and use of Ultra Sonic Welding
- Bench fitting and full Machine Shop experience
- Fully conversant with pneumatics and hydraulics
- Ability to generate ideas for improved engineering solutions
- Proven technical ability
- First class communication skills
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Determination and persistence to achieve objectives
- Adaptable to change
- Reliable and dependable
- Concern for excellence
- Served a recognised apprenticeship
- HNC Electrical / Mechanical Engineering qualification
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.