The role of Commercial Co-Ordinator involves building , maintaining and developing relationships with all carriers and suppliers . The aim is to procure freight contracts that enable the business to convert all new opportunities ; whilst retaining and developing an existing client base and maximizing profit . The main responsibility is to select and communicate the carrier/supplier that is the best fit for the business and provides the greatest opportunity of securing new business .
Responsibilities and Duties
- Action all freight inquiries in the timeframe set by the Commercial Manager .
- Negotiating spot deals with carriers where required to convert all opportunities .
- Compare and contrast freight contracts and schedules to ensure that the correct carrier choice is selected.
- Provide carrier and industry knowledge to all departments to help support the correct choice of carrier/supplier .
- Follow up on quotations to identify any areas not competitive and ensure corrective action is taken with the supplier/carrier .
- Log all quotations accurately
- Attend any supplier & customer meetings if/when requested by the Commercial Manager .
- Work closely with all internal departments to identify and highlight any new business opportunities .
- Any other duties required to support the business needs .
- GCSE or above Maths and English qualifications .
- 3 + years Sea freight experience , including knowledge of LCL & FCL products , Recyclable , Refrigerated and FAK commodities .
- Commercial Acumen and attention to detail are imperative to ensure all rates and contracts are correctly analysed and communicated effectively .
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels .
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills .
- Pro-active and determined to convert all business opportunities .
- Team player who is enthusiastic about working across departments .
- Flexibility in working hours is required as/when requested in order to suit the business needs .
- Microsoft Excel experience .
- Full UK driving License .
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Commercial Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.