Mechanical Systems Engineer - Defence
3 days left
- Full Time
Role: Mechanical Systems Engineer - Defence
Salary: Will consider applications up to £60k
An exciting Systems Engineering vacancy within a world leading defence company has become available in Stevenage. This opportunity is to join the R&D department developing state of the art technologies working from concept through to production. The company in question is routinely named as one of the top 30 places to work in the UK and offers a whole host of fantastic benefits.
You will be involved in all aspects of weapon development, from the early concept studies to series production support. Typically you will be establishing a physical configuration of the whole platform, or technically managing electro-mechanical subsystems within the platform or the equipment around it. It's an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to build on their design experience and progress to a more senior technical role, such as Chief Design Engineer.
This role suits an engineer who i slooking to progress to a senior position and has experience across the full lifecycle, you will have the opportunity to lead meetings and take ownership of packages of work.
Activities listed below will give an insight into the role:
- Capture and manage the mechanical requirements to achieve the missile performance and cost
- Ensure functional and mechanical requirements are flown down to the sub-assemblies
- Manage mechanical design studies and trade-offs, select concepts
- Produce & develop Statements of Work, Technical Specifications, Environmental Requirements, Interface specifications
- Be the technical interface to the project team
- Support integration activities of the sub system into the builds
- Assess design complexity and maturity
- Manage design reviews, concept and vendor selections
- Manage prototype and development builds
- Define, monitor and manage the functional and mechanical verification of the missile / sub-system
- Define and manage the environmental verification plan
- Produce plans, define resource requirements to meet development objectives within budget
- Manage & influence multiple stakeholders from various functions, internal and external
- Control any assigned budgets, manage personal workload and identify any further resource needs
- Ability to technically manage internal and sub-contract activities
- Strong leadership skills, able to establish a clear engineering vision
- Good knowledge and experience of mechanical & electro-mechanical design
- Experience across the full product life-cycle
- Ability to gain SC Clearance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Paid overtime
- Pension scheme
and many more.Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers. By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.modis.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy
Apply for Mechanical Systems Engineer - Defence
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.