Maintenance Operative - Facilities Management
2 days left
- Full Time
We are currently looking for an experienced maintenance operative / handy man.
Our client provides specialist risk focused workplace management and property management services to a wide range of complex and sophisticated clients throughout the UK. Operating in the corporate, health care, education, retail & leisure and local authority & central government sectors, we create and implement bespoke solutions to improve the performance and value derived from non-core activity. As part of their continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for an experienced Maintenance Operative to join their on-site team based in Towcester.
As part of the service delivery team you will be working on a high priority and critical site which maintains plant equipment. As part of the team you will be responsible for ensuring that following an end to end process in achieving high standard of equipment maintenance.
· Experience with plumbing and electrical systems required within capabilities.
· Experience in general building, decorating and woodworking.
· Excellent facilitator with common hand and power tools.
· Familiarity with apartment unit layouts and infrastructures
· Ability to communicate well with property management and maintenance staff
· Willingness to uphold company standards for safety, tenant service and efficiency
· Identify any additional works and implement on authorisation.
· Requisition materials and equipment to carry out works.
· Complete work sheets for works undertaken
· Obtain authorisation from the client for critical works. (service interruption)
· Provide effective resource planning to cover absence and sickness from within the team by securing agreement with fellow technicians, thereafter, be prepared to cover as and when required any shortfall (including covering shifts).
· Attention to detail and a "value added" approach to work.
· Good communication skills, tactful and persuasive.
· Highly self-motivated and proactive.
· Must be client and customer services focused.
· Ability to work under pressure, multitask, self-motivated.
· Ability to 'Think' outside the box, and to continuously improve/re-engineer current processes.
· A 'can do' positive attitude to delivering the maintenance service to a multi-tenanted environment Desired Qualifications
· City and Guilds recognised apprenticeship or training programme and have qualifications to NVQ level 3 or equivalent in electrical/mechanical engineering.
· Technical competency with experience relating to a technology/manufacturing environment
Hours of Work are 40hrs per week with a potential move to shift work, with an average of 41.125 hours per week, 12 hour shifts, Combination of Days and Night shifts (24/7 site)
In return they are offering a competitive salary. Working hours are Monday - Friday and 23 days holiday per year + bank holidays.
Please contact Mathew Maddison at Adecco on 0116 2530516
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Maintenance Operative - Facilities Management
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.