Senior Java Developer
***Algo Trading Java Developer - Contract - London - Financial Services***
Algo Teading Java Developer
12 Month Contract Rolling
£600-£750pwd via Umbrella Company
Experienced Algo Trading developer with Java Front Office experience is required to join the EMEA team to work on new initiatives and support for business critical algorithmic trading engines.
The Electronic Trading Technology (ETT) team support the Electronic Trading business in the Global Markets and Investment Banking Group. The team provides innovative solutions for low touch, low latency trading, which includes FIX connectivity, low latency market connectivity, smart order routing, algorithmic trading and internal crossing.
- Delivery of key functional changes to the ETT strategy engines
- Delivery of core framework-level changes
- Interaction with quantitative trading group / quantitative traders to capture core requirements
- Being involved with all aspects of the development lifecycle (gathering requirements, developing code, writing unit tests, reviewing patches, performing 2nd level support etc.)
Essential Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience of Java 8
- Algo Trading Experience
- Experience or working in a financial services environment (desirably Front Office)
- In depth understanding of core Java API's (collections, concurrency, NIO etc.)
- Have an understanding of and experience with multithreaded systems, working knowledge of the Java garbage collector, familiar with low latency I/O.
- Understanding of and experience with design patterns (Observer, Factory, Singleton etc.)
- Development practices - Must be able to use test driven development and be familiar with UML and OO design. Should have experience with Eclipse or IntelliJ, GIT, continuous build servers and Maven / Gradle.
- Experience working with agile methodologies.
- Team Player - Must be able to work with and help more junior members as well as take technical direction from the team lead.
- Can demonstrate ability to work in a multi-faceted role (development with some testing, support and analysis.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of benchmark algo and/or smart routing strategies (VWAP, TWAP, Arrival Price )
- Demonstrable experience of front office system design and architecture (algo trading plant and topology)
- Business Knowledge - Understanding of equities and/or derivatives markets.
- Knowledge of FIX (heartbeating, login, sequence numbers, message types etc.)
TO APPLY - PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WITH AN UP TO DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly. Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.