Infrastructure Schemes Project Engineer
Adecco are currently recruiting for a Infrastructure Schemes Project Engineer for a Local Authority in Guildford.
Infrastructure Schemes Project Engineer
Full Time - 36 hours per week
Temporary role - 6 months minimum
£32.74 per hour PAYE / £41.76 per hour UMBRELLA
To deliver a number of allocated highway structures (bridges, embankments and retaining walls), safety barrier and drainage schemes as part of the Infrastructure Schemes Team annual programme and carriageway and footway schemes as part of the Highway Engineering Teams annual programme. The post holder will ensure the effective delivery of schemes and will act as the client representative to ensure projects are delivered to agreed design, time, cost, quality and contract requirements, and that safety and best practice standards are met. The post holder will also support emergency, routine and minor planned maintenance for drainage and structures infrastructure through site investigation, cost estimates, supplier quality inspections and client engagement.
The role of the Network and Asset Management Groups is to develop and deliver asset management and flood risk strategies, manage highway networks and set local policies. The group also provides a directorate wide business and consultancy function. The group works jointly with a range of partner organisations to identify and deliver planned maintenance improvements and leads on several statutory duties including network management and safety and flood management. Project Engineer will support the design and delivery of the annual and 5 year maintenance and improvement programmes. In the Infrastructure Schemes Team this would be for structures, drainage and vehicle restraint systems, and carriageway and foot ways in the Highway Engineering Team. Both teams are co-located with maintenance contractors at the Highways Depot in Merrow, and the role is a mix of office and site work. A full valid driving licence is essential to travel around the County to meet the requirements of the role. The post holder will be required to develop skills, competencies and gain relevant experience, technical and professional qualifications in civil, highway or structural engineering.
Planning & Organising
* Deliver projects and/or audits within a defined area of work as directed to input to relevant strategies and contribute to the delivery of directorate objectives.
Policy and Compliance
* Input as required to the development of strategies and policies.
* Provide guidance and support to stakeholders as required to ensure policy and specification compliance.
People & partnerships
* Deliver high quality technical advice/ services engaging a range of stakeholders.
* Liaise, communicate and build relationships with other departments, customers, partner organisations, agencies and/or contractors to engage and consult on plans or projects as appropriate.
* May manage a team to deliver standardised processes and ensure all officers are appropriately supervised, managed and trained.
* Ensure that work and projects are delivered within agreed resources and assist with budget/resource management in accordance with council policies and procedures.
* May have delegated responsibility for a budget(s).
Analysis, Reporting & Documentation
* Assess data and conduct analysis in a technical area, presenting results and putting forward recommendations to support decision making
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Infrastructure Schemes Project Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.