EMEA Packaging Engineer
I have an excellent opportunity to join a major FMCG company based on the Slough Trading Estate, working within the EMEA Regional R&D Packaging Team.
33 Days holiday
16 months contract
£25.91 per hour
- Responsible for leading a range of Value Leadership Packaging activities within R&D, delivering project milestones for allocated projects, from conception through to execution across all CBU's (Gum, Mints and Fruity Confections, and Chocolate)
- Partners with the CBU and Global Technology team to deploy new innovation in the region by representing the relevant regional insights, needs and translating the CBU design into desirable, feasible & viable solutions for EMEA
- A primary interface within R&D for all R&D sub-functions and cross functions on VL
- Identifying new Packaging opportunities and translating them into attributes using a variety of Consumer and Sensory tools
- Applying creative skills/knowledge of Packaging and a thorough understanding of our supply network (including co-manufacturers) to deliver Packaging that deliver against specified attribute
- Producing lab scale prototypes of existing/new Packaging/semi-finished products and defining relevant quality attributes
- Effective partnership with Commercial and Suppliers to deliver VL portfolio
Education & Professional Qualification
- Essential qualifications: 'a degree in Packaging, Packaging Materials, Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, Polymer Science or Engineering or related field of study' or relevant experience in industry field will be considered as an alternative to a degree.
- Desirable qualification; 'a Master's or PhD in similar field of study or relevant experience in industry '
- Demonstrated project management (ideally of numerous, interconnected projects) and networking/communication skills.
- Proven food-Packaging development/prototyping skills, including flexibles, carton & corrugated, and rigid plastic and ability to form effective mutual relationships with external partners and suppliers
- A solid understanding of the desirable, feasible, viable approach and is able to demonstrate problem solving and analytical approaches
- Understanding of the business strategy and the contribution of a given innovation project to the activity plan.
- Passion for the consumer, customer and quality, being able to demonstrate creativity in turning insights into packaging solutions.
Apply now for the full job description!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy