Planning Engineer - (Substation, NEC, Construction)
My LEADING international electricity and gas client and one of the largest investor owned Energy companies in the world are currently looking for a strong Project Planner (Planning Engineer) with P6 Planning experience.
The ideal candidate will have Substation/HV or similar construction related project experience.
Duration: Until March 2021 with scope for longer term extensions
Location: This position will be remote however travel to client sites (for example the Waybridge area will be required on occasion)
Start Date: ASAP
Rate: Competitive Day Rate!
Key Experience Required:
* Proven Planning experience utilising Primavera P6
* Strong understanding of NEC clauses for Planning & Early Warning is essential
* Will have relevant project experience, this may include substation, electrical or gas transmission.
* Proven stakeholder management experience at senior levels
* Proven in carrying out client programme development for initial project phases
* During delivery support the Project Manager to certify that all subsequent contractor programmes are compliant to the NEC and works information.
* Engage with Investment Development establish time lines for production of quality assured and cost loaded, out-turned deliverable programmes for sanction, that meet the capital plan year on year.
* Support the Capital Delivery contracts team to consistently evaluate tender returns within procurement guidelines and demonstrate that the contractor has understood its obligation to provide the works.
* Carry out impact assessments of early warnings or change events either from our supply chain or Project Manager.
* Assess and validate supply chain progress during design and attend site during delivery to confirm construction progress.
* Represent the business whilst engaging with contractor planning resource to complete month end reporting routines, and liaise with Project Controls stakeholders to raise exceptions early to enable corrective actions, as well as share good practices
* Continuously review and improve processes by raising innovative solutions to drive value and establish best practice planning and project controls.
Candidates will need to show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.