SC Cleared Java Developer
Who you'll be working with
You'll be joining a passionate, professional and highly skilled team of developers who specialise in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale. Innovation in delivery is always at the forefront of our minds, which is why we utilise a variety of Open Source and proprietary technologies to achieve the best possible outcome for the client.
We have a world class software engineering community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We're active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look at our blogs - written by engineers, for engineers: http://capgemini.github.io/
The focus of your role:
You will be developing and delivering some of the most innovative software solutions available for our clients. This will include development of both client and server side software following recognised standards and patterns. With a demonstrable agile mind-set and approach, you'll have ample opportunity to illustrate your love of development and passion for technology.
What you'll do:
- Work on some of the mostbleeding edge Digital / Cloud-based architectures in development today
- Act as a designer, developer on delivery engagements for clients with responsibility for the specification, development, unit testing and implementation of complex multi-tier Applications
- Take ownership of components and ensure that they are built to agreed standards and on time
- Provide technical support for transition of the application into live service and support
What you'll bring:
- Excellent knowledge of Java and core open source technologies and frameworks; experience of building scalable, resilientapplications
- Experience of the core XP practices of TDD, Pair Programming, and Continuous Integration
- Demonstrable experience in one or more technology stacks, e.g. Spring (e.g. Core, MVC, Data, Boot/Cloud), Integration Technologies (Spring Integration, Apache Camel, REST, Messaging)
- Experience of working in collaborative teams and working in an agile manner in a commercial environment
We're also using the following technologies and patterns, it would be great if you had some of the skills, if not we can help develop them:
- Java 8 and dependency injection, building asynchronous microservices with RESTful APIs
- JAX-RS for REST APIs
- Automated testing with Junit and Mockito
- Designing microservice-based architectures using domain driven design (DDD) CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns
- Containerisation technologies: Docker or Kubernetes
- Wiremock and other distributed-systems testing utilities
- Activiti or other JBPMN
- Rules Engine e.g. Drools
- JIRA / Confluence
- Developing using Vagrant VMs
What we'll offer you:
Are you interested to work with and learn from the best, most inspiring engineers in the UK? Do you want to be encouraged and recognised for giving back to the open source community? Do you want to build your profile as an Open Source Engineer ? Do you want to be rewarded for striving to continually improve?
Coupled with the training, tooling, development and career progression of a large multinational business, this goes some way to describing what's in it for you at Capgemini. We work with some of the world's largest brands, in some of the most interesting and complex projects underway in modern IT.
Why we're different:
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn't necessarily right for everyone. So we'd love to hear from you if you feel you're a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we'll find the right working approach for you.
Find out more and apply