Risk & Controls Manager
Our client has served UK customers for over 50 years with their financial needs. Their services include asset servicing, asset management, private equity and hedge fund administration, broker-dealer services, depositary receipts, corporate trust and treasury services.
Through subordinate managers, responsible for identifying, analyzing, monitoring and minimizing business risks, and ensures proper control policies and procedures are in place.
- Manages multiple teams that are responsible for control testing and reporting on control standards.
- Develops training on policies and procedures concerning controls and risk management.
- Monitors results on key risks, errors/near misses, reconciliations and root cause analyses as reported by subordinate managers.
- Analyzes and determines appropriate level management intervention. Leads and contributes to policies for developing, documenting and analyzing existing control procedures.
- Analyzes documentation for evidence of successful and efficient performance. Ensures team objectives are aligned to functional objectives.
- Manages complex projects that involve working with businesses to improve controls to mitigate any deficiencies.
- Ensures controls meet regulatory and organization standards. Projects are usually broader and focused on long-term operational issues.
- Contributes to strategic projects/initiatives for the function.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of market trends to determine potential risks to the organization.
- Manages analysis and draws conclusions in order to recommend and direct any resulting change needed to mitigate risk.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Manages a large or specialized team of Control professionals or multiple teams. Work is primarily accomplished through subordinate managers. May have matrixed management responsibility and oversee geographically dispersed teams, adding to the complexity of duties.
- Responsible for the achievement of goals and objectives comprising of multiple teams, talent management and supervision of Control professionals and other managers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Advanced degree preferred 7-10 years of total work experience with 1-3 years of management experience preferred.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.