Adecco Poole and Bournemouth are delighted to be assisting one of our local clients in their search for an Accounting Technician.
This role is a contract role until March 2021.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a professional technical financial and business management service which supports both the Finance Department and business managers and stakeholders, ensuring all processes are compliant and meet the statutory and legal financial and accounting obligations. This includes the control, proper utilisation and employment of, the organisations resources and assets.
- Prepare forecasts for future year budgets for a minimum period of 3 years.
- To offer advice and guidance in relation to partnership information and resource allocation including people, transport, IT, estates, financial costing, data and impact.
- Provision of financial advice to projects as necessary, including business analysis and cost information for business cases and option appraisal, and representing Finance on project Board meetings.
- Assists in delivery of savings and efficiency targets by identifying areas for improvement, implementation of improved process. Put in place solutions to continue delivering performance with either reduced budgets or resources.
- Ensuring compliance with agreed financial controls, Financial Regulations and for procurement, Standing Orders
- As part of the Business Accounting team, to compile the annual closure of accounts process within the agreed timetables set and the production of statements of financial position and income statements, including liaison with outsourced service providers as necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
- Membership of the Association of Accounting Technicians, or evidence or equivalent means of maintaining currency in accountancy issues
- Significant analytical experience and the ability to make suitable decisions, using efficient and confident communication skills to all levels of management
- Proven experience of analysing, interpreting and presenting a wide range of detailed and complex financial, establishment and asset data gathered from multiple sources and verbal discussions with senior managers
- Advanced experience in the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and EAP Systems to compile financial trends, forecasts, audit reports, graphs, charts and ad hoc reports with the ability to tailor information depending upon the audience and meet the requirements of the Medium Term Financial Strategy
- Experience in the design and delivery of training and development sessions. to all levels within an organisation and to coach, and mentor members of staff by providing advice, guidance and feedback.
If you are the candidate we are looking for or are interested to discuss this role or other live vacancies, please do not hesitate to call Tom on 01202 202810 or email
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy