Rail Station Crowd Control
decco UK are currently seeking committed and Safety conscious staff to work as Passenger Assistants/Crowd Control Supervisors at the following stations:
Working at various Stations across our Network supporting with a Project to ensure the safety of students returning to schools and colleges during Covid-19.
It is imperative that students are following the government guidelines set out for using and travelling on public transport, and to ensure the Customers safety whilst using our Stations.
The main tasks whilst you are working on duty will be:
1. Counting the footfall that is going through the Station
2. Ensuring that all passengers are wearing a face covering
3. Ensure that Students are abiding by the social distancing rules and not stood in groups
4. Assisting passengers with information regarding trains
5. General Crowd Control - ensuring people are keeping safe and not going over the yellow line
You will be able to work 6 hrs per day, Monday - Friday and the shift is split into 2, to cover the peak travel times.
· 0600-0900 3 hr AM shift
· 1500-1800 3 hr PM shift
Ideally 1 person would cover both shifts during the day and therefore work 30 hrs per week.
Pay rate would be £8.72
You will be provided with a Hi-Viz Jacket, a SWR Tie and you will need to wear black trousers / skirt, and a white shirt with Black shoes.
You will be set on-line training modules that will go through 4 key modules:
· Enhancing the customer Experience
· Conflict Awareness
· Disability and Equality
You will also get an induction at your closest Station. We will pay 5 hrs training which will cover the online modules and the induction.
You will report to the Adecco Supervisors who will in turn report into the Contract Manager.
sickness and absence to ensure all shifts are fulfilled. This role will help to drive and deliver on Client expectations and ensure they are exceeded.
In return we offer:
· Flexible working
· Travel pass to ensure free travel to and from shift
· First class learning and development opportunities for all levels - entry to experienced, including mentoring support from day one
· Weekly pay
· Regular attendance could lead to a fixed position as a member of our Gateline team where you would get further training
- Excellent communication skills to deal with staff and colleagues
- Be able to deal with challenging and busy situations
- Enthusiastic and positive
- Willing to travel within our Stations remit
- Excellent Customer Service and influencing skills
Duration of Project:
This project will be a minimum of 2 weeks but with a potential to be longer. You will also get a very good insight into the Rail community and this could lead to other opportunities within our contract.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy