Tenancy Sustainment Officer (Housing)
Based in Epsom, this is a full time role for 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday). You will be expected to:
* Ensure income maximisation for our client's customers through the take up of benefit and
general debt advice.
* Improve the financial confidence of customers including budgeting and money
* Make referrals to other organisations to ensure the customer is fully supported, including to debt advice agencies and employment support agencies.
* Support Universal Credit claimants, including assistance in making new claims, updating
existing claims, and supporting claimants to self-serve.
* Maximise rent collection by having frank discussions with current tenants and making
* Pursue former tenant debts and where absolutely necessary recommend debts for write
* Increase customers' access to digital services and improve their digital confidence.
* Promote opportunities for employment, education and training as well as comprehensive employment advice services to customers.
* Liaise and develop effective relationships with partners and other agencies that are
concerned with employment, education and training including Job Centre Plus, ETHOS and
* Provide basic energy advice to help combat fuel poverty.
A further key part of the role is to work with colleagues across the organisation to support, maintain and sustain tenancies. Sound numeracy and literacy skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to explain complex information to a variety of audiences are key criteria for this post.Knowledge of tenant and landlord legislation would also be a real bonus.
Please note, a full driver's licence and use of a car for work purposes is required, as is having a sound awareness of financial inclusion and up to date welfare benefits.
Only applicants who feel they meet the above criteria and can interview on 30th September 2020 need apply for this role.
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.badenochandclark.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy