Adecco Croydon are proud to be working with a fantastic company based in the heart of Sydenham, SE London and are recruiting for a Premises Manager / Caretaker to join their friendly, dedicated team. We are looking for candidates who have experience in facilities management who is also able to take on care taking duties as and when required.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, hard working individual to join a company that takes pride in their engagement and services. Please note, you must hold a clean UK driving licence to be considered for this role.
- Keep a watching brief over the fabric of the premises.
- Walk through communal areas to check for any issues e.g. broken fittings, potential trip hazards and leaks. Report as necessary to the General Manager.
- Check daily the premises/grounds to assess any aspects of security that require attention.
- Keep grounds tidy and paths swept. Grit when necessary in winter months and clear paths of snow.
- Maintain Plant Equipment Room, Boiler Room and externally accessed store rooms in a clean and swept condition.
- Inspect empty flats regularly - check all rooms, ceilings and cupboards for damp and leaks. Run taps in all sinks for at least 5 mins to flush any build-up of sediment that could allow Legionella bacteria to incubate and flush toilets.
- Descale taps regularly in communal kitchens and in communal WC's to prevent Legionella bacteria.
- Maintain Inspection Log Books as necessary.
- Move and rotate the refuse and recycling bins as necessary, and put full ones out for collection on the relevant days; keep Bin Room clean and tidy.
- Test fire alarms weekly in conjunction with General Manager.
- Check the perimeter fencing to assess for encroachment, damage, graffiti or fly-tipping.
- Attend to any reported incidents in resident's flats and rectify minor problems where possible. Report major maintenance issues to the Resident Manager and/or relevant contractors.
- Ensure laundry equipment is maintained and inspected regularly.
- Wind clocks twice a week or as necessary.
- Read and record resident's electricity meters on a quarterly basis.
- Receive goods-in, transport to stock rooms, unpack and stack items in categories on shelves; keep room clean and tidy.
- Undertake annual risk assessment analysis of matters relating to the fabric of the building and grounds e.g. H&S- Handling Loads; Fire Risk
- Keep Minibus clean inside and wash regularly; take for regular servicing including 6 monthly inspections for the tail lift/other repairs and MOT. Ensure that all relevant documentation is displayed correctly in the vehicle such as Road Tax, Disabled Parking badge and Congestion Charge Exemption.
- Drive residents to local stores 3 times weekly for shopping expeditions and in summer months occasional lunchtime/afternoon outings to local garden centres and places of interest.
You will be based at a Care Home facility and will be an active member of the team there. We are looking for candidates who will be a warm, friendly face for the residents and always happy to lend a hand. This is a hands-on role and will be reporting into the general manager.
Salary: £25,000-£30,000 depending on experience.
Hours: Monday to Friday 08.30am - 4.30pm (some flexibility will be required)
Location: Sydenham, SE London
If you are interested and would like to be considered for this position then click apply now!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy