Corporate Governance and Compliance Business Partner
We're looking for a Corporate Governance and Compliance Business Partner to set the standards for one of our Brighton based clients, in line the UK Corporate Governance Code and Government's best practice and provide expert advice; to identify the compliance risks, design and implement controls to resolve compliance difficulties as they occur; to provide accurate and current information about the efficiency and effectiveness of policies and the status of its compliance within the statutory obligations that it operates.
- Provide strategic corporate governance expertise and compliance advice to all levels of the organisation in allocated business units
- Engage in proactive consultation with the business
- Identify and advise on the risks that the organisation faces in maintaining corporate governance standards and statutory obligations
- Design and implement corporate governance controls to protect from compliance risks
- Provide assurance by monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of the organisation's corporate governance controls and the management of it's exposure to compliance risks
- Resolve corporate governance and compliance difficulties as they occur
- Provide advice on corporate governance policy, procedures, process and controls
- Take an active role in developing and coordinating training and awareness on compliance issues across the organisation
- Simultaneously work with and manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders at all levels of the business. Prioritise work to ensure effective delivery of corporate governance and compliance solutions
- Advise stakeholders at all levels on implications and management of change, identifying and delivering those changes necessary to deliver our corporate governance standards and controls
- Maintain a 'positive reporting culture'; drive staff engagement through ensuring awareness campaigns, training and providing assistance, support and advice
- Champion the organisation's corporate governance, security approach and practices
- Contribute to the continuous evaluation and improvement of operational processes
- Background in governance and compliance approaches and processes
- Experience of complaints management, issue resolution approaches and techniques
- Experience of stakeholder management best practice and techniques
- Solid understanding of FoI Act; Data Protection Act
- Ability to understand the legal obligations from statute (including Pensions Acts, code of practice)
- Experience of working with BSI ISO standards
- Standard Office IT software applications
As well as a starting salary of £33,057, you will benefit from:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton.
Apply NOW with your CV or call Kat on 01273 737554 for more information!
Office Angels are an equal opportunity employer and are acting as a recruitment agency for this vacancy.
Please be aware we receive a lot of applicants for our roles if you have not been contacted within the next 5 days of applying for this role on this occasion you have not been successful but please go to our website for more vacancies - www.officeangels.com.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.office-angels.com/candidate-privacy
Apply for Corporate Governance and Compliance Business Partner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.