Our client within public sector is looking for a Transport Planner to join their team based in Croydon. The role is offered on a 6 months contract basis offering up to £35/hour (umbrella rate/inside IR35) working 36 hours per week.
The successful candidate would work on a range of projects from major development proposals in the Croydon Town Centre (where the development is potentially going to pose delivery and servicing challenges, affect the bus, tram cycle, walking networks) to flatted development in suburban areas where the challenges will include public transport accessibility and parking management).
The Transport Planner will be:
- Assessing the effects of built development proposals.
- Assessing and advising on the transport implications of development proposals plus negotiating impact avoidance, minimisation and / mitigation
- Negotiating with developers and their technical advisors
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience in assessing the transport implications of built development proposals and negotiating impact avoidance or mitigation.
- Capable of managing a heavy workload in an often-pressured environment whilst still providing sound advice.
- Knowledge of highways aspects of development proposals (e.g. Section 278 agreements) is desirable
- Experience of residential intensification within suburbs and tackling challenges (including policy) around parking stress.
- Confident in advising and negotiating with developers during pre-app processes
- Experience of dealing with large complex development proposals
- Manage and prioritise a large and complex workload, working to tight deadlines whilst providing succinct sound written advice and reports
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Transport Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.