Data Engineer - DevOps (x2)
Data Engineer x2, DevOps on Azure, Reading, 3 months+, View to extend!
Good afternoon! I'm currently looking for 2x Data Engineers to join a well known organisation in Reading on an initial 3 month contract, with a view to extend further.
The organisation are transforming the way in which they deliver value from data & as a result, are implementing a new Analytics Platform to help execute the vision.
The main responsibility of the successful applicant will be in building, managing and optimizing data pipelines and then moving these data pipelines effectively into production for key data and analytics consumers (for example business/data analysts, data scientists or any user that needs curated data for data and analytics use cases).
- Experience in DevOps on Azure and VSTS for Analytics Platform in Azure/VSTS
- Extensive experience of developing using the Azure analytics components including Data Lake Store, Power BI and Microsoft Visual Studio, Data Factory, HDInsight, Data Factory, SQL DB/DW and SSIS
- Fully conversant with Agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts as applied to data driven analytics projects. Including CI/CD Coding, security testing best practice and standards.
- Experience with designing, building, and operating analytics solutions using Azure cloud technologies
- Data Management experience e.g. data profiling, large volume data handling
- Experience in automated data driven testing
- Experience in ETL Tooling
- Scripting Languages: R, Scala, Python (at least one of them)
- DB Programming: relational dbs (SQL) , nonrelational (NoSQL,MongoDB, Cassandra)
If you're interested in the position, please apply via the link below for immediate consideration.
Please note, sponsorship will not be provided for this position. Please only apply if you have eligibility to work in the UK.
Thanks in advance!
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.modis.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy
Apply for Data Engineer - DevOps (x2)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.