Data Engineering Manager
A Data Engineering Manager is needed for a global brand based in central London. With more than 35,000 employees and around 5,000+ branches in over 60 countries around the world, the company deals with a lot of data.
As the Data Engineering Manager, your role will be to build & grow a new data engineering function starting with 2 data engineers in the team. The company have big goals in moving data into the cloud via Azure and to start integrating data science / machine learning models.
You will work closely with the data science team in deploying machine learning models and building the overall data architecture to support this. Ideally, you will have experience working with cross-functional teams (data analytics, AI, governance & DevOps).
You will own & build an Azure cloud infrastructure, deliver new and reliable data streams, put their AI projects into production whilst maintaining industry standard performance. The company work closely with Microsoft and often trial new tech and always push to get cutting-edge tech.
The role would be suitable for a senior / lead data engineer looking for a step up or data engineering manager looking for a fresh challenge on a 'Day 1' project and team.
The role will grow into a Head Data Engineering overseeing both data engineering and DevOps teams.
Key Skills and Abilities
- Solid experience with data modelling and cleaning
- Strong NoSQL / SQL, ETL / ELT and Python skills
- Experience building infrastructure as a code
- Experience configuring elastic pools, geo-replication
- Experience building GDPR compliant infrastructure and pipelines
- Extensive experience with Azure product stack (Data Factory, Data lake Gen2, Cosmos DB, Azure DevOps - CI/CD, Azure analytics services, Azure Machine learning services and Container Registry, PySpark)
Nice to have:
- Salesforce and cloud-based big data solutions using Hadoop / Spark
What's on offer
- Support to grow and move into a managerial position with scope to join the "fast track" programme for senior leadership.
- A headcount of 2 Data Engineers who are joining the team in November.
For a full breakdown of the role, company and overall opportunity, please apply.
Role: Data Engineering Manager
Location: Central London
Package: Up to £80k + 20% Bonus & Package
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.modis.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy
Apply for Data Engineering Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.