- Full Time
Industrial Engineer required to undertake the below tasks:
- Find ways to prevent waste and inefficiency in production processes.
- Design efficient systems that integrate workers, information, machines, energy and materials to make products or provide services.
- Design equipment to coordinate production planning to minimize production issues and costs while ensuring products meet quality standards.
- Design, develop and maintain manufacturing routes to maximise effectiveness, efficiency and space.
- The industrial engineer will also make sure the company complies with all industry standards for safety while meeting design standards and guidelines.
- They will also work in a support role as needed on less complex projects.
- Production Scheduling and Planning
- Oversees the reconciliation of budgets and production targets and delivery
- Reduce overall organization operating costs
- Provide status updates as requested and report on issues that affect all production schedules
- Interface with both internal and external customers
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Production Manager
- Develop/provide staffing requirements to meet operation plans
- Support production teams in achieving cost, quality, and schedule objectives utilizing Lean Manufacturing tools to improve performance
- Estimate new product labour costs and production planning
- Ensure processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations
- Analyse and design sequence of operations and work flow to improve efficiencies in plant and production facilities and equipment layouts, establish methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel
- Conduct studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems to develop and implement plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods
- Interface with Production Team Leaders, Production Control and Operations Engineering
The successful candidate will have the below skills/experience:
- Demonstrate effective communication, presentation, computer skills, knowledgeable in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must have basic knowledge of Industrial Engineering practices
- Must be able to communicate up to VP level
- Work experience must include background in a manufacturing environment providing complex Industrial Engineering and Production Planning Scheduling support
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and 14001
Candidates must be willing to undergo the security vetting procedure.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.modis.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy