Technical Support Manager -Chelmsford
Technical Support Manager
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 (Depending on experience)
Hours: 9am - 5:30pm Mon-Tues
Benefits: 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays
2 x Free work events per year
Christmas Parties and Team Events
Due to our continued growth, this dynamic technology distributor is looking to recruit a Technical Support Manager to lead its current support team, improve efficiency and help generate new business revenue through current and new support products and services.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a growing technology business and to further develop their skills, our product portfolio features some leading enterprise products from around the world.
- Management of customer support team, tracking key metrics to oversee the online support ticketing system and ensure cases are dealt with within the agreed SLA.
- Set clear objectives, evaluate progress and instill a high-performance culture with a focus on teamwork, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues
- Research and Identify new technology and products that could be distributed and beneficial to our target audiences.
- Manage the team and individual performance, technical and skills development
- Working with sales / marketing and key manufacturers to ensure we can offer fully accredited training to customers and resellers.
- Remain aware of new product developments in the area of network technology providing input and tactical direction to the business on customer service and support challenges
- Encourage open communication between team members, suggesting and driving forward ideas about how the team can work more effectively together
- Investigating on-site/customer IT problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Working with internal departments, keep customer support documentation and online systems updated with latest support FAQ, datasheets etc.
- Develop and maintain emergency plans to address equipment failures and ensuring failover systems are in place.
- Providing weekly updates to directors on key tasks and projects.
- Cascade business objectives and targets to the team
- Very strong organisational skills, ability to work to tight and conflicting deadlines
- Someone with a Passion for the technology
- Proactive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good punctuality and time management
- Ability to take initiative and to work under pressure.
- Experience leading and developing a support team in a growing technology business
- Excited by emerging technologies
- Relevant IT certifications such as CCNA or specialist such as UEWA would be an advantage.
If you are interested in this position, please apply now or phone Adecco Chelmsford on 01245 268666.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a full interview with us first.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we can only contact shortlisted candidates.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy