Project Accountant (ex Big 4)
2 days left
- Full Time
My client is a leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to consumers and businesses around the world. They help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making.
Start Date: ASAP Initial Period: 3 Months Location: London
About the Role: This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Finance professional to support the business through a period of significant accounting and business change. Reporting to the Director of Financial Reporting, this role will assume responsibility for leading finance projects in the company including potential acquisitions, disposals, cash flow and control improvements. The role offers the ability to build on technical knowledge and the opportunity to work closely with finance colleagues globally.
You will be Responsible for;
- Account for and support post-closing activities for potential transactions undertaken by the business. This includes leading finance components of the transaction, acquisition accounting and closing accounts analysis and review. Prepare relevant support and documentation for internal and audit purposes in order to accurately account for the transaction in the financial statements and cash flow. During this process, you will liaise directly with many facets of the business including tax and legal teams.
- Lead an initiative working closely with members of the global and regional finance teams to develop and improve cash flow processes in the business. This will involve gaining a deeper understanding of the finance environment and current processes to both investigate and collaborate on innovative improvements to drive efficiencies and transparency.
About You / Skills required;
- Qualified Accountant, minimum 2 years PQ
- Independent, ambitious, decisive with experience in collaborating with multiple people across multiple functions and locations.
- Demonstrate the ability to be pro-active, adaptive, and innovative
- Experience in interpreting and applying legal documents
- Experience with carve-out financial statements and business divestment, including working capital adjustments
- Good knowledge of and experience in applying IFRS and must be proficient in writing technical accounting papers
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Excellent project management and presentation skills
- Hyperion (PLNREP and HFM) experience preferable
PLEASE APPLY WITH AN UP TO DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Project Accountant (ex Big 4)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.