Business Analyst - Data Management & GDPR
3 days left
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Business Analyst
LOCATION: Tower Hamlets
PAY RATE: £454.01 per day (inside IR35)
START DATE: ASAP
DURATION: Until March 2020
IR35 STATUS: Inside
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To carry out engagement and analysis of teh client's user community to determine their requirements in terms of applications, devices and data. Working with EUC Project team, Senior BA and data architecture to design and implement new data architecture. Engaging and managing the stakeholders and reporting to a project manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Business Analyst provides business analysis services to business partners. The focus of this position is to work closely with the business units to gain in-depth understanding of their shared and LOB applications, devices and data. This role will be key to understanding the how the Council's data and applications will be presented, owned and managed in line with enterprise architecture considerations and compliance constraints.
The Business Analyst is responsible for reviewing shared and LOB applications, data and devices from end-to-end to identify and address operational, financial, compliance and technological risks, and identifying opportunities to improve efficiency. Responsibilities will include working with the EUC Programme - including the Data Management project - in the delivery of small to mid-size workstreams.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Business Analysis and apply this to the development, execution and improvement of action plans by providing advice and guidance in the application of information and best practices
- Manage the analysis, recording and presentation of findings regarding all Council shared data, applications and LOB application data
- Support and align efforts to meet customer and business needs
- Manage customer relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up to date on workstream results and deliverables
- Utilise formal and informal written communication methods (for example, emails, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, highlight reports, task lists, updates) to communicate updates and findings; and facilitating meetings and presentations to all types of diverse audiences (for example, senior management, technical staff)
- Participate in projects by completing and updating project documentation; managing project scope; adjusting schedules when necessary; determining daily priorities; ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and milestones; following proper escalation paths; and managing customer and supplier relationships
- Collaborate with team members and peers by articulating ideas and viewpoints, identifying and initiating workstreams, driving the resolution of issues and being accountable for results
- Identify and create process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design; focusing on quality improvement and data management; ensuring data is reliable and valid; developing process improvements or re-engineering; integrating new systems and processes with existing ones
- Identify improvement opportunities (proactive and reactive)
- Elicit and clearly document business and systems requirements
- Assess business process and system inefficiencies
- Identify ways to increase customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate fluency in business process mapping
- Understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Serve as a liaison between IT and the rest of the Council to assist or gather business requirements needed for system modifications, enhancement and implementations
- Assist with systems/functional testing as required
- Create and maintain issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules, project summaries and updates if required
- Meet with project team regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines
- Support system conversions, upgrades, enhancements
- Must have experience working on significant projects that have a focus on end-users
- Strong ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point, strong relationship building skills & communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management - ability to work independently across the entire organisation
- Data analysis; must have proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Business analyst major skills & proficiencies:
- Problem Solving and analysis
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Business Analysis techniques and approaches
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Apply for Business Analyst - Data Management & GDPR
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
* This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is information about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to.
♦ The business of the Adecco Group UK & Ireland is transacted via a number of differently branded trading entities, as follows: Adecco UK Limited, Adia Technology Limited, Modis International Limited, Badenoch and Clark Limited, Ajilon (UK) Limited, Office Angels Limited, Penna plc, Pontoon Europe Limited, Roevin Management Services Limited, Spring Technology Staffing Services Limited.