University Systems Officer
University Systems Officer
Our client, a leading University are currently recruiting for a Systems Officer to be responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Registry Systems team. This team provides first line support for all Registry associated systems, including the main student system, other internal and external student related systems and relevant interfaces.
- Location: South Kensington
- Pay: £17.39 p/hr
- Type: Temporary
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Until end of January 2020
- Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday
- Proactive first line support and resolution of issues encountered by users of Registry-associated student systems; this could be applicants, students or staff.
- Administer operational aspects of the student system as well as related systems and interfaces.
- Undertake daily imports of data from application system to student system.
- Undertaking systems testing in relation to support and development work, including regression testing for upgrades.
- Administrating access to the student (and associated) systems across College and supporting the training associated with using those systems.
- Ensure procedure documents for users of all the student related systems are kept up to date and are easily accessible.
- Support the production of reports using the College's data reporting tool and interpret and distribute data.
- Monitor and maintain Systems team webpages.
- Coordinate and monitor Systems team queries using the College's enquiry management system.
- Responsibility for the shared Systems team inbox. This will include responding to queries directly or forwarding where appropriate.
- Answering Systems team phones, answering queries and taking messages as appropriate.
- Assisting with general College duties when deemed necessary (i.e. College Awards Ceremonies, College Open Days, Student Registrations, etc.).
- To act in a flexible proactive way and be prepared to work with colleagues in other areas of Registry when deemed appropriate (i.e. during times of peak activity, annual leave, sickness, etc.).
- The post holder is expected to familiarize, keep updated and comply with all College policies and regulations (i.e. Health and Safety, Data Protection, etc.).
- Other administrative and clerical duties within Registry as directed by senior staff.
- Keep skills up to date and develop expertise in the key areas of the role.
- Improve professional capability and expertise through professional development.
- For operational reasons it is anticipated that from time to time staff may be transferred, on a temporary basis, between areas within Registry.
- Abilities commensurate with a first degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience and knowledge of information management information system.
- Experience of meticulous data quality management.
- A track record of meeting competing deadlines and targets.
- Ability to think strategically and show initiative; able to analyse situations, formulate plans and implement strategies to meet objectives.
- An ability to work effectively with staff and teams at all levels of an institution and empathy with stakeholders to achieve objectives.
- Excellent MS Excel Skills.
- A dynamic individual who is able to think laterally.
If this is the role for you, then apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy