SEND Transformation Strategy and Improvement Manager
Our leading client within public sector is looking for a SEND Transformation Strategy and Improvement Manager to work on a 6 months contract, 36 hours per week paying £350-£400/day (Umbrella rate/inside IR35) based in Croydon.
The purpose of the role is managing the delivery of the SEND Strategy and Improvement priorities, ensuring the effective operation and supporting the organisation of key priority work-streams, project managing the delivery, recommendations and outcomes of the Transformation Strategy - including presentation and preparation of rigorous reports to the key Boards and Council Scrutiny groups.
The role holder will:
- Ensure the delivery of the Council's SEND Strategy and the improvement outcomes essential to the aspiration of Croydon to deliver the best services for the vulnerable children and adults aged 0-25 with SEND. This will be achieved through effective project management, organisation and engagement with all key stakeholders and partners.
- Work with a range of key groups, this role will ensure that clear outcomes are identified and detailed plans developed to ensure delivery. Essential elements will involve supporting key work-streams, planning a programme of engagement opportunities and ensuring parents/carers - children and youth influence and evaluate the impact of delivery.
- Deliver regular up-date and impact reports for the relevant quality assurance Boards and Scrutiny groups. The role will involve researching best practice and providing solutions and innovations to challenges as they arise in a positive, proactive and effective manner. The ability to carry out regular risk assessments on the delivery of the SEND Strategy will be essential. Scoping and presenting alternative options and approaches will contribute to this.
This will involve:
- Establishing a programme of development and support meetings for the identified SEND Strategy work-streams.
- Managing the overall delivery programme including ensuring effective communications across all work-streams.
- To establish clear quality assurance across all working groups to enable consistency and high quality delivery.
- Attending and participating in the range of meetings and supporting through enabling preparation of agendas / key documents / attendance.
- Ensuring detailed and quality impact reports are prepared in a timely manner for Boards and key Council meetings.
- Supporting the development of solutions-based practice to meet the challenges presented in the delivery of the priorities.
- Demonstrating initiative and confidence in helping to resolve issues that arise through the delivery of the SEND programme.
- Ensuring and delivering a common quality assurance framework across all relevant work-streams.
- Ensuring the collation and reporting of impact evidence.
- Engaging with the SEND community/ Parent/Carer forums / schools and settings in order to and enable their participation and engagement.Use of appropriate project management tools as required.
Required Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience of working within the area of SEND
- Experience in successfully managing and coordinating work-streams
- Experience of engaging with a broad range of professionals, parents/carers and children with SEND
- Experience of planning, analysing and preparing reports and/or presentations
- Experience of project management
- Experience of delivering training and workshops
- Experience in working on and delivering key strategies
- Knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice 2014
- Knowledge of the SEND Local Area Inspection Framework
- Degree or equivalent in a related area
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective time-management skills
- Good ICT skills
- Ability to develop an understanding of the political business of the Council in relation to the SEND developments
- Ability to manage key Board meetings
- Ability to demonstrate initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to attend meetings across the Borough There is the possibility of being involved in some evening sessions - these would be notified in advance and infrequent
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy