Rent Arrears Recovery Officer
This is an exciting opportunity to join our client as a Rent Arrears Recovery Officer based in Sutton/Kingston
Start date: ASAP
Hours: 35 hours Mon to Fri (09:00:AM - 05:00:PM)
Salary: £18.50 PAYE - £23.94 Umbrella Inside IR35
TEMP 3 Months
To assist the Finance Team Leaders & Rent Arrears Income Recovery Lead officers with all aspects of debt recovery across the full range of client services as appropriate in accordance with agreed recovery and debt collection policies
To have the ability to learn/have specialist knowledge on the legislation, policy and guidelines for recovery enforcement for a wide range of debt types.
To ensure that the clients requirements to constrain the growth of rent arrears are met by prompt and efficient recovery actions in accordance with the pre action protocol, set procedures and good practice guidelines. Using a high degree of personal responsibility and with a minimum of supervision.
Carrying out a range of tasks associated with Housing rent collection including temporary accommodation, Adult Social Care Personal budget income, and Sundry debt recovery and enforcement process, which will include attendance at Court in the absence of the Rent Arrears Income Recovery Lead officer.
Liaises with Customers and their Representatives, External and Internal Stakeholders to effectively resolve enquires and provide comprehensive advice and assistance in writing, and face to face.
Provides a service by efficiently resolving telephone enquiries
- Acts as a single point of contact for Suppliers, Service Users, and Internal and External Customers.
- Deals with appropriate enquiries at first point of contact and hands off to other Finance Staff in accordance with agreed processes.
- Ensures systems are in place for recording and monitoring contacts and issues. Encourages use of self service solutions.
- Assists with the maintenance of the Intranet and other self-service options for Finance enquiries Takes telephone payments in accordance with agreed procedures
Has high performance expectations that are transferred into clear measurable targets continually monitors performance against targets and communicates this to others.
Consistently achieve performance targets and celebrates success with team.
- To develop, update and act on own personal development plan, and be ready to share learning with others.
- To provide support and share knowledge with colleagues within Strategic Business and to provide cover for other Support Officers as required
- To work in accordance with Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, relevant policies and legislation
- To comply with the clients Code of Conduct and ensure that all personal data is kept confidential in compliance with the Data Protection Act and that all relevant interests are declared to your line manager.
- To be fully aware of and understand the duties and responsibilities arising from the Children Act 2004 and working together in relation to child protection and the principles of safeguarding as they apply to vulnerable adults in relation to your work role.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as may be required from time to time, including attending meetings outside normal working hours
Consultant: Sarah Gillan Telephone: 01782 349135
The application process is subject to the successful completion of background and reference checking. Adecco Group is an equal opportunities employer If you do not hear from one of our consultants within 7 days of applying for this role, please assume you have been unsuccessful in this instance
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy