MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To co-ordinate, support and develop the provision of high quality professional financial information, advice, accountancy and budgetary services to Council Departments and external agencies.
- Prepare annual revenue and capital estimates, in partnership with departmental budget managers, in compliance with corporate procedures, timescales and financial regulations.
- As a critical friend, engage with and advise budget managers in managing, monitoring and reporting on financial performance; including financial forecasts, unit costing data and savings/efficiency analysis.
- Ensure the prompt closing of accounts, in accordance with statutory requirements, accounting standards and good practice. Prepare appropriate information to support the annual Statement of Account and audit.
- Establish, develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external customers, stakeholders and partners.
- Ensure the effective development and provision of high quality financial information, advice and training to budget managers.
- Initiate and promote the effectiveness of services, systems and processes, recommending improvements to performance and best value for stakeholders and customers.
- Establish and quantify financial risks and pressures in current and future years and support the production and achievement of departmental Medium Term Financial Plans.
- Undertake financial appraisals and reviews relating to new legislative and service initiatives, provide input and challenge to business case development, using financial modelling techniques where appropriate, and assess their impact on relevant services.
- Represent Service Finance at internal and external meetings, working groups and project teams as required and brief senior staff on decisions taken or matters requiring resolution.
- Deputise for senior staff as and when required at departmental, corporate and inter-agency meetings.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate policies and procedures, ensuring that financial practice is developed and promoted in line with strategic developments, in order to maintain quality standards and best value.
If you are interested in this opportunity and want to work in a fast paced environment then call Roevin Manchester - 0161 233 1222 or alternatively apply
Roevin acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Roevin UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Roevin. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: http://www.roevin.co.uk/candidate-privacy-information-statement