Assistant Management Accountant
Assistant Management Accountant
Our client, an independent safety and economic regulator for Britain's railways and the independent monitor of Highways England are currently recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant who will join the organisations finance team who are responsible for all payments of expenditure including staff expenses and the recovery of income from industry. The Finance team sits within the Finance & Procurement team covering finance, procurement, business planning, business management, internal audit and financial governance.
- Location: Holborn, London
- Pay: £32,984-£39,318 per annum
- Duration: 9 Months FTC
- Start Date: ASAP
- Hours: 37 Hours per week, Mon-Fri
- Assist the Management Accountant to produce timely information for budget holders and their deputies in order for them to manage their budgets and enable them to meet the organisation's objectives;
- Assist the Management Accountant with the preparation of monthly management accounts and expenditure reports to the organisation;
- Business partnering - establishing effective working relationships with managers to understand their business needs and to help with managing budgets including anticipated expenditure, accurate accruals and issues concerning financial compliance
- Assist with the accurate calculation of deferred income, accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, actual to budget variance analysis;
- Assisting with the accounts receivable process raising invoices to debtors, including licence fee and safety levy invoices and other ad hoc invoices;
- Preparing various reconciliations (Commercial and GBS payroll bank accounts) and assisting with expenditure uploads;
- Assisting with the accounts payable process including the twice-weekly payment runs and accounts payable uploads. Support the team in expediting accurate and timely payments which are in accordance with the organisations policy and which ensure financial propriety, including a share of corporate credit card processing and 10% checks on T&S claims;
- Other ad hoc work including FOIs and transparency work and liaising with internal and external auditors;
- Ad hoc reporting and systems/procedural improvements;
- Line management of one member of finance staff.
- Qualifications: CCAB (or CIMA) part-qualified, studying towards a professional qualification. Study support is available.
- Ability to use analytical skills to assess the quality and relevance of data.
- Ability to communicate well and explain technical and complex terms to non-specialists in a clear and logical way
- Ability to manage staff, including as a line manager, to deliver against objectives and to develop people
- Knowledge and experience of double-entry bookkeeping
- Advanced MS Excel skills (use of VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, SUMIF, etc.); and
- Knowledge and experience of working in an office environment and in a finance role. This could have been gained from another government department or regulator, or a regulated business.
This role would ideally suit someone with experience in a finance role. The post holder will be expected to be able to work independently, manage pieces of work effectively to agreed timescales and engage with a wide range of stakeholders.
They are looking for a highly motivated candidate who will enjoy working in a small and dynamic team, within a multi-disciplinary organisation, and who is capable of working simultaneously on a range of issues, balancing priorities as necessary.
If this is the role for you, then apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
More searches like this
- Accountancy & Finance Account Management jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Accounting Account Management jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Control Account Management jobs in London (Central)
- Sales Account Management jobs in London (Central)
- Account Management Account Management jobs in London (Central)